[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help with my friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: fractal-wallpaper-1366x768.jpg (456KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
fractal-wallpaper-1366x768.jpg
456KB, 1366x768px
What could I do with a friend who has a huge ego?

He can't never admit he's wrong. When others commit mistakes he always points it out, when others succed he doesn't compliment them. Has a negative opinion of everyone around him. Is kind of paranoid as he thinks most people have bad intentions. Thinks he's the most intelligent human on earth and knows it all.

When me and other friends tried to discuss this issue with him (cause sometimes we just think enough is enough and confront his attitude) he obviously think we're all wrong and he's completely right. When told his behavior is immature he says everyone is being immature instead (which is something immature, ironically).

He read a pair of Nietzches books when he was 16 and since then he has praised the philosopher. I think he's obsessed with Nietzsche idea of übermensch and that's the reason why he looks down on everyone.

How could we possibly make him get rid of his delusion and huge ego? He's been part of our group since we were kids so even though he's a toxic person we don't want drop him out.

Sorry for the wall of text.
>>
>>18583355
Why do you want to keep him in your circle of friends? If it's only because he's been part of the group for a while, get rid of him
>>
get rid of him
or ignore
or start acting like him and pointing out his mistakes without listening and furter arguing
use passive agressive jokes (he confused, you feel better)
but really u should get rid of him
>>
>>18583359
>>18583366
I know, but this is the last option. Any other solution is welcome.
>>
>>18583387
Make him choose. Bring up the discussion, explain how you guys percieve it. Tell him it's serious and make him understand you're not fucking around.

Change, let go off your big ass ego.(suggest psychedelics, works like magic on big egos right?) seen it happen and people change for the better even if tendencies are still there.

Or he can piss off
>>
Tell him to read Wittenstien
>>
Mock him mercilessly. The only way to knock down blowhards like that is to match their arrogance with humour. Non-sequitors and one-liners are key here:
>"whatever you say, poindexter"
>"did you read that in a book or did you figure it out by yourself?"
>"listening to you is like getting a frontal lobotomy without insurance"

A person who is that high on their horse loves being challenged and condescended to, so all you have to take the dude with a grain of salt and clown on him. Then you won't be feeling so frustrated and maybe enjoy his company.
>>
You can't change a mental problem. Only he can choose to make the effort to tone down his narcissism (and possible aspergers).
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.