[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parents cannot afford college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 786578657685.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
786578657685.png
1MB, 1366x768px
tell me what to do
>>
>>18583246
Don't you guys have public colleges in the states? I know they are horrible but the degrees are still valid, I mean, if you become an architect or a lawyer legally or some shit like that the degree is as valid as anyone elses, isn't it.
>>
go to place where government helps to find job (not sure how called in english)
they sometimes help getting in programs where you learn different proffesions for free (like sewing, hair cutting, auto mechanics, truck drivers and so on)
>>
>>18583246
Apply for scholarship or take out a loan perhaps ..
>>
>>18583246
I heard military helps with college
Loans
Scholarships
>>
>>18583246
Most people I know at my university have loans that they take out and they're parents don't even pay for their rent or anything. You set up a plan with a program and then you pay the debt off after you finish getting your degree. Definitely worth it IMO in the long run. You can also save a ton of money and do two years at a community college before you transfer to university. Or even get a degree at the community college. All depends what you're thinking of doing
>>
If you're American get student loans (go to a cheap-ass state school though - you can always transfer out) or research scholarships.

Your high school will fall over itself to help you because it looks good when their students go to college.
>>
>>18583259
Still too expensive. Can't go to any public schools outside of my state either or else I'll be charged a fuckload more in out-of-state tuition.
>>
>>18583283
Yeah, I mean I could definitely "afford" it per se but that would require so much in federal loans and private loans. For four years too. Ugh
>>
>>18583303
Dude federal loans are no big thing now. Go on IBR after college and if you make no money, you can pay $0 - $40 a month.

Private loans are a fucking nightmare though.
>>
>>18583313
Yeah, I don't think I could IBR for private loans
>>
>>18583246

well what kinda job / career do you want?
>>
>>18583325
I was planning to major in Economics. Not sure exactly what I was gonna do with that degree though.
>>
>>18583246
Go to some 3rd world country to get the degree you want unless its womens degree or gender studies
$20k got me a BSN and a Masters and you wont have any trouble finding work back in the states if your a citizen
>>
>>18583331
>Not sure exactly what I was gonna do with that degree though.
Why the fuck do you want to go to college then?

>tell me what to do
get a fucking job, save money, pay your own tuition. You fucking parasite
>>
Start working somewhere that has college educated employees further up the food chain. Try to move up from bitch boy at your job. Bank as much cash as you can until you turn 24. Use your now independent status for the FAFSA to get yourself into a college in a major city(major city = jobs). Go through 4 years of hell working full time and going to class full time. Get out at 28 with 10 years of work exp and a college degree.

Work experience trumps everything. 10 years of full time employment will throw enough bullshit at you to ace the stupid "tell about a time when X..." questions.
>>
>>18583388
>Why the fuck do you want to go to college then?
No, I meant I'm not exactly certain on the specific job I plan on doing with an econ degree.

>get a fucking job, save money, pay your own tuition. You fucking parasite
I've had a job since I was 14. Tell me about you, anon.
>>
>>18583297
did you fill out your FAFSA? pell grant makes community college free if you're poor.
>>
>>18583533
Yeah, am considering going to cc. Not sure about it though.
>>
If you have some relatives in the EU, come get a citizenship, and enjoy free education in some of our lovely countries.
>>
>>18583246
neither did mine, and I went and got a job. Seriously, is there some law stating you have to go to college right out of high school and can';t take a couple years to work a job and save up for college and go without taking big ass loans that you will be paying for a good portion of your entire adult life?
>>
>>18583505
Then get a better job or learn some fiscal restraint. Do you think I got 8000$ in my account because I blew my money on starbucks lattes and getting wasted every weekend?
>>
>>18583569
What? I've probably only spent 2% of the money I've made. Everything went to my parents to pay for our life. I have fiscal restraint.
>>
>>18583564
I guess I just feel stressed to start and finish a degree and start my career.
>>
>>18583246
join the national guard
>>
>>18583246
Tell parents they shouldn't go to college if they cannot afford it.
>>
Get a job as an accounts clerk that would pay evening classes in economics or cima or aat or whatever.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.