[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I recently got diagnosed with mono, can anyone with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1500147664781.jpg (53KB, 720x597px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1500147664781.jpg
53KB, 720x597px
Hey guys, I recently got diagnosed with mono, can anyone with experience let me know the basics. What should I eat, drink, should I take off work, etcetera
>>
I dunno about anyone else but when I had mono I was pretty much non-functional for a week. It took all the strength I had to just get up and get a drink and go to the bathroom. I couldn't even eat, I'd just go back to sleep.

Some people aren't like this, but mono can hit really hard. You have the be your own judge of how functional you are and what you can manage. My personal advice is to avoid doing anything that requires alertness, like driving or operating machinery, until you have recovered.

You also medically have to avoid impacts and contact spots or anything physically jarring. Your spleen is severely inflamed when you get mono and it can rupture from an impact. Walking is fine but jumping and bumping is not.
>>
At the moment can you keep anything down?
Was this diagnosed by a doctor or did you swap spit with someone who had it?

In any case start with clear/transparent liquids that aren't red. This includes brothy soup, jello, Gatorade...etc. But only a little at a time to know what your body can handle. Try a sip an hour unless you feel comfortable with more.

Next you'll want to move to soft solid foods like soda crackers, rice with a little ground beef in it. You dont want to challenge your stomach with anything for a few days.

From there just progress to a normal diet. Avoid dairy products, foods that are highly acidic, and anything that might normally upset your stomach.
My wife had mono symptoms for over a month and had to take a leave of absence from work. I've also known people who get over it in a weekend.
Mono is a shitty thing to get so just know that symptoms can come back anytime your immune system drops
>>
>>18583285
It has the chance to come back since its viral, not a bacteria
>>
>>18583285

I can only keep soft foods and liquids down right now. It was diagnosed via blood test by my doctor.
>>
>>18583295
I just wanted to confirm that it wasn't stomach flu or something like that
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.