[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job wait thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>2 weeks now since I sent my resume to my target job
>literally perfect for it, problem is I have significant gaps in employment but skill-wise, I cover all the corners
>they said they were hiring immediately
>the ad was already a month old so I'm guessing they're having problems filling the position because of the tall requirements
>inquired the day after I sent my resume whether the position was still open and immediately got a reply that it was
>still no response
>>
call again duh...
>>
Keep calling and try to get in contact with the hiring manager. Always worked for me
>>
>>18583218
Is it time? Alternatively, should I call at all? I've read enough articles saying it's not necessary or actually counter-productive to follow-up. Main point is that they already have your application, they've read it, and will contact you when they want to. It only annoys hiring managers if you keep calling.
>>
It's been years since I've been on the market. Is LinkedIn a necessity now?
>>
>>18582967

It doesn't sound like your chances are good at this point, but I'll admit, as a hiring director on the corporate level, I take a while to build up enough applications to begin the interview process in earnest. HR needs to send me at least 3-4 candidates that meet base approval, THEN they phone interview them, THEN I phone interview them, THEN I decide who to bring in for some in-person time, THEN we probably do another follow up with the rest of the team with the last two.

Our hiring process takes 2-3 months from time of application, but I'm in a pretty specialized industry.

>>18583227
Calling at least once isn't a bad idea if you have their contact information. I'm only annoyed if you've called me multiple times in a week (unless I promised to get back to you in that timeframe), and that applied for when I was hiring for retail years ago too.

>>18584306
Professionally (outside of entry level), you should have one. Not only for applications, but for people searching for candidates.
>>
>>18582967
Welcome to the adult world! When I finished college, I sent thousands of resumes, none with answers, had times that some jI sent my resume and they didnt have the time of looking at my at resume, probably they just put in the trash, there were times when they asked me to go visit their company that they wanted me there, and then no answer after that...
But you don't let it knock you down! Keep trying!
>>
>>18584327
The firm is a Cali start-up (roughly 2 years old). It's a biotech firm making ads for other biotech firms using 3D modelling. They needed someone who has a science background and can work remotely, so it wasn't exclusively a Cali hire.

I don't think the company is very big, but at least it's anchored by Ivy League PhDs. The guy handling the accounts, who posted the ad, is the guy you talk to in the support at the website, and the address I sent my resume to and replied to my e-mail the same day was the same one guy.

I'm trying for a certificate from Harvard at the moment. And it'll be done in about a month. I plan to contact them again at that point, and say I've gotten even more eligible for the position. You think that'll be too late? I don't even know how to write a follow-up without talking myself up more.
>>
>>18584352
upvote
>>
>>18582967
It is not the perfect job. You are not a perfect candidate. There is no such thing as a perfect job or a perfect candidate. Do not think that way. It is unlikely that you will ever hear from this employer. Move on. Considering it "the perfect job" will set you up for failure, just like considering your crush as the "perfect girl" will set you up for failure.

Seriously. Apply to 2-3 jobs a day. Do not bank on a single job, even if you get an interview. Keep fucking applying until the second you accept an offer.
>>
>>18584524
I say I'm perfect for the position in that what they do conforms to my skill-set. They do 3D modelling. I did modelling in uni.
>>
>>18584352
This happened in my first job. The company I went to wasn't the right fit. I was obviously overqualified and the environment wasn't very professional. They wanted me there more than I wanted to be there and they abused me.

I was out of there in less than a year, as soon as I got a new job.
>>
>>18585722
I forgot to say

The moral here is, be selective. There are loads of companies willing to rip off employees as much as possible. A bad fit can easily mean you wasting your time and your career going nowhere.

Target a position you want then find an opening. There are loads of things you can do that can help you land that job like doing projects and getting certificates.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.