[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bring car to college?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1477118902912.jpg (65KB, 960x950px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477118902912.jpg
65KB, 960x950px
Has anyone brought their car cross country to go to college?

>moving to chicago IL
>live in San Francisco CA
>move in date sept 1
>apartment not dorms
>start school sept 5
>hoping to leave as late as possible so i can spend a bit more time home
>want to ship car, but services want 2000 fucking dollars
>parents and girlfriend agreed to drive with me if needed

Is it a good idea? I know parking in chicago sucks and people say "you wont need it" but if i dont take it, my parents will sell it, because they have no space.

Anyone do the trek before? How much time am i looking at if i drive 10 hours, sleep 8 hours and use the other 6 hours for gas, breaks, and food?

Should i just scrap the idea if its too much trouble?
>might leave on aug 28th or 29th
>>
>also
Can i drive a mid-sized sedan from chicago to san francisco in the winter time on highway 80? Theres a fuckton of snow apparently but ive never lived through that
>>
Just take your car, man. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I imagine Chicago is cold as shit in the winter and so I wouldn't want to walk or use public transportation then.

Leave a day or two before the 1st so you won't be rushed.
>>
File: anon.png (291KB, 684x640px) Image search: [Google]
anon.png
291KB, 684x640px
>>18582771
imagine choosing to go to chicago for college instead of somewhere in california.
>>
>>18582771
I'm going to UW Seattle in the fall and was wondering the same thing, but for me it's just a 5 hour drive.
>>
>>18582934
>this
No but seriously, im actually fucking stupid, but i need a college degree

All CSUs and good universities in california are almost impossible to get into unless you have a 3.0+, the standards are super high and ive spent some time at a community, but no one here goes from a community college to a CSU or good university.

So fuckit i decided to go to a state witj dumbasses and lower standards
>>
>>18583021
Yeah, I had a 3.65 GPA (which would've been 3.9+ if we weighed our GPA's) with a 1350 SAT score, and I still didn't get in to UC Berkeley.
>>
>>18583035
My point exactly

Its also way more expensive here in san francisco with the tech boom, i cant afford anything. So its a smarter move to go to Chicago than it is to stay home

Also i grew up in a city lifestyle and i would get bored of a small town in a matter of weeks, so i need that same feeling i get from sf, and theres only so many cities that will give you that
>>
>>18582771
What part of chi? Uic? Loyola. You don't really need a car if you're going to either of those there's a cta station that drops you off right there. Btw hmu if you need a tour of the city. Btw chicago winters are fucking terrible.
>>
It'll be expensive as fuck to keep a car in Chicago but if you can afford it do it. People will love you. I went to college in Chicago and having a car would have helped me when shopping, moving or going to events that the cta would be awkward to take/not running 24 hours. It'll be expensive, but if you can pay for parking then do it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.