[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over loneliness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0930.jpg (823KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0930.jpg
823KB, 3888x2592px
I been really depressed lately. I just feel like I will never find the right guy. I'm not ugly nor am I stupid. I'm pretty average in both maybe a little above average. I want a guy who is religious from my religion and who I find attractive or at least decent looking. The problem is I'm overly conservative and now a days finding a guy my age or a bit older that I can get along with almost seems impossible (I am pol-tier with some variances in beliefs). I just feel like I shouldn't be looking for a husband but have him find me because God meant it to be this way. At the same time loneliness is eating at me especially with the fact that I decided to be introverted socially and remained a virgin. I don't like most of the people around me/at college. I don't know how I'm gonna find a husband that is anything like my self. I don't want to take the online dating route since people use those for hookups and I don't want to look/be like a degenerate. I feel like there is no solution to this. On top of that I have to think about career goals like taking the DAT or MCAT exam. I don't even have a particular interest in any field except psychiatry but it takes really long comparing to dentistry. I don't like working or studying but barely anyone does, I just want a good future but all I could think about lately is the fact that I'm lonely and hopeless.
>>
>>18582655
>I don't like most of the people around me/at college

Work on that. Make better friends. You don't need a dick to stop feeling lonely. You need people in your life, real people that you like.
>>
Hey baby, can we take it steady? I'll go to church with you, remain faithful, and steer clear away from degeneracy. All I want is someone like you.
>>
>>18582655
God helps those who help themselves. You have to try if you want good things to happen in your life. Same thing as going to school you want a good job so you work hard in collage, you didn't just expect god to line up your dream job without you having to do anything. You will have to put yourself out there a little if you want to meet someone. Try church groups or dating online but a site that's set up for people with conservative vies. I'm like you, I got lucky and meet my husband through friends but I know how hard it can be waiting to find the right one. You want to start your life so badly but not having the right person to do it with is hard to deal with. The waiting can feel crushing
>>
>>18582662
same thing goes for friends. connection with them is hard since most people at my college are liberals even though it's a faith based uni. but I do have a friend that I hang out with from time to time sense she doesn't take sides on politics or anything else basically she's neutral on everything. I just long for a soulmate type of person and not being the typical liberal at college just makes life even harder.
>>18582737
no
>>18582756
I just want it to happen soon. I feel like all these years spent without him now are just years I could have been more happy and not lonely but everything happens for a reason I guess.
>>
>>18582776
>I just long for a soulmate type of person

Lower your expectations. Friendship is about the imperfect connection you make. There are no soulmates.

But as I said, you are lonely because you have only one friend. A boyfriend won't make you feel better. You need a healthier social circle. Bonus: A healthy social circle will help you meet boys.

If people around campus aren't working for you, make friends elsewhere. Join clubs, volunteer, or some other shit. You have to get your ass in gear to meet people.
>>
>>18582776
Happiness starts in the present, you dip.
It's a state of mind.

Also your God doesn't exist, you alone are responsible for your actions, but will soon be forgotten after your long dead.
>>
Maybe stop worshiping your worthless god because it seems he did not do anything for you.
>>
>>18582655
> I don't want to take the online dating route since people use those for hookups and I don't want to look/be like a degenerate.

Don't be so sure. Tinder was how I found the love of my life a few months ago. She is sweet, beautiful, reserved, and methodist. The trick is to not pay attention to pictures and bios that are on people's profiles, and instead just message back and forth with them. Focus less on the possibility of dates, and think of it as an opportunity to make friends.

There are genuine people on these dating apps, but it may take time to find one.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.