[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2nd Year of Uni. How do I not fuck it up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 35105496.jpg (50KB, 784x811px) Image search: [Google]
35105496.jpg
50KB, 784x811px
Everyone says first year is the most important because that's when you meet all your new people, I completely screwed it and want to change it. How do I rectify a shit first year?

So, it's currently summer break still for me. Going back to uni in a month and a half and really need to sort myself out. Haven't left the house outside of chores and work for the past 2 months of summer. My only contact's been one friend from back home who's just as fucked as me and one guy from uni too. It's kinda been like this the whole of the last year too. It only struck me recently that I'm actually really fucking lonely and even though I consider myself more of the loner type, physical and visual human contact would be really nice.

My hearing's pretty fucked so I can't really go out to clubs or anywhere to loud without wincing in pain. I tried joining clubs and societies in first year, but felt awkward and really out of place. I'd made tonnes of casual acquaintances but nobody I could really talk to out of the blue.
>>
>>18582522
The easy answer is this: Whatever you did last year, don't do it again.

It sounds like you gave up too soon. Everyone feels a little out of place when they first join a club, but they just hang in there until they begin to feel more part of it.

You say you have tons of acquaintances. It is partly your job to convert some of them into friends. Instigate conversations, don't just wait for them to happen. Be the guy who says "Let's all go see the new movie this weekend" Chances are they're waiting for someone to reach out to them just as you have been
>>
>>18582522

Anon above me is right OP

>Chances are they're waiting for someone to reach out to them just as you have been

Don't keep waiting for people to ask YOU out. Set up activities.

Don't expect to make friends as soon as you join a club or group. Participate, ask questions, share ideas.

Basically, don't expect others to do all the work.
>>
>>18582522
Where I'm from the uni offers tons of sports classes. You can make some friends there since you see them every week, train with them and share an interest with them
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.