[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ you guys have never steered me wrong in the past and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3022.jpg (107KB, 400x571px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3022.jpg
107KB, 400x571px
Hey /adv/ you guys have never steered me wrong in the past and now I need you more than ever, as I'm not sure who to talk to about this.

Less than a year ago I started my career in radio broadcasting and right now I'm working the bottom of the totem poll 6 to 12 swing shift while no one else is around. I work for a country am station and services a lot of farmers, families and churchies. Basically our station is the one they turn too if they want family friendly content. Which I do try to provide. However, I have no fucking clue what I'm doing anymore, my boss keeps telling me I need to relate more to the listener, but I have no idea how, my show has no structure aside from "talk every two songs" so I try to make it as interesting as possible but apparently I'm not relating. And everyone I ask - there's about 12 other jocks as we run two stations out of the same building - have been no help either "well that sucks you'll get it eventually" or nothing at all. I don't want to see like the new guy who whines all the time but I don't know how to ask for help and get the help I need. Right now I'm losing sleep over it and dread going into work let a lot spending more than half my day prepping for a show that might not be good. I'm not expecting help with me show prep here, but how can I ask for help without sounding like I have no idea what I'm doing - and even better how the fuck do I relate to people?
>>
>>18581664
Listen to the other guys in the radio station, make lists of the topics they cover.

Also, do people call in? Or are you just supposed to talk about what people generally talk about?
>>
>>18581714
I listen to everyone's show once a week on my day off - since it's all recorded online it's easy to go back and listen to just what they talk about.

And yeah we're encouraged to get people to call in, talk on Facebook etc which I do and people do call in and my boss hears that but still makes comments like "not relating to the listener. We had the hottest day on record you could've talked about that, or stuff going on around the area" and the stuff he suggested ended that day and other times I've talked about stuff going on I got shit because we weren't sponsors.
>>
As an addition I've tried to implement how the other guys do their show into my show but with how the day is loaded with commercials and news stuff their way of coming up with content is way different (and all things considered easier because they talk way less)
>>
>>18581664
I love feelgood movies about blacks with down syndrome.

Oh, wait thats just Cuba being himself.
>>
OP stay updated on what's going around town/general areas of interest in your demographic and choose some points to talk about and get an overall theme

For example, some nigger rapper here got arrested for weed and a Dj was able to spin that shit every time he went on air
>first, mention of arrest
>talked about weed and legalization
>celebrity arrests
>celebrities who are potheads
>local headshops
>the venue
I hear his shows ever so often not much for the music, but because he's pretty good at talking
Helps work go by faster
He once talked about fucking iguanas and keeping them for pets and spun that into exotic animals people keep

Keep it interesting, and if you have to be 'relate-able' thrown in something about yourself or an opinion that has to do with what youre talking about, however little it is
>>
>>18581664
Read the local newspaper. Pick up on some small story or letter to the editor. Offer your reaction, serious or comic, to it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.