[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Driving anxiety after accident

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

3 months ago i was involved in a 0% fault accident. I was waiting in the turning lane and got hit head on by a driver who veered from the opposite side due to texting

I have a new car now thanks to insurance, but am unreasonably scared to drive it. Everyones telling me i need to get over it because it was an absolute freak accident due to bad luck and will *probably* never happen again

any advice?

pic related :/
>>
>>18581627
Everyone is right, grow a pair of balls or ovaries.
>>
It's a "get back right on the horse" thing. The longer you wait the worse it will get OP. Just gotta rip it off like a band-aid and soon you will feel like you did before.
>>
>>18581627
Shit happens, that's just reality. You're worrying about shit that you can't control. In fact, you're letting this fear control you. Go out there and do it anon, the longer you wait, the worse it'll get.
>>
>>18581627
First of all, you are gonna drive that car one day anyway so why not now ? The more fear of driving you have, the more likely that your hands are going to shake and you won't pay attention and probably cause an accident yourself. Get over it, it's no big deal.
>>
Start out small. Get in the car and sit behind the wheel. Can you do that? From there turn it on and sit with it on. Ramp it up to whatever the 'scariest' thing you can comfortable do is, and then slowly over the course of a few days-weeks tackle each new step from there. Parking, driving around the block. Every thing you do safely is helping reassure yourself that the car is safe.

If this is too much for you see a therapist.
>>
Take things slow. Anxiety is no joke, and you certainly don't want to tense up or get unnecessarily nervous on a highway. So ease back into driving at your own pace.

Start small. Maybe try to drive to the end of your street and back, or around your neighborhood. Once or twice a day, just to get used to being back behind the wheel. When you're comfortable with this, expand your range a little. Maybe pick a location (friend's house, restaurant, movies) within close enough distance to where it's not overly terrifying, and drive there.

Also - and this is the crucial part - be wary of other drivers. Your situation 3 months ago was an unfortunate case because you were stationary, but normally you'd always want to give yourself a way to escape an accident if you can. Like I said above, the trick is to take it slow until you're comfortable driving again. Fear after something like what you've been through is natural. Just don't let that fear own you.
>>
I've been in seven accidents in the last 12 months, none of which were my fault.

I still drive. I also boy race around town late at night.

Grow a pair, faggot.
>>
Go for a drive at 6am on Sunday. I get that shift for work sometimes. Bright, sunny, and absolutely no other cars on the road.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.