[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to write a good College App?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1501130621945.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501130621945.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
Test scores are fine, got a 34 on ACT.

But I have no idea how to write an essay that appeals towards your average admissions officer. I really want to write about how I want to "do great things" and "be remembered as somebody" but I feel that is too right-wing for their tastes.
>>
>>18581562
I had a 30 on the ACT, and never had to write an essay.
>>
>>18581562
>got a 34 on ACT.
You must be really smart OP. I always wonder how some people manage to get such high scores. I took the ACT 3 times and only got a 28. That left my self-esteem in the shitter to this day.

Sorry I don't have an actual response to your thread but I am genuinely curious: how did you manage to get that score? Is the test just easy for you? Did you study a lot in any specific ways? In short how did you do it?

Thanks in advance if you ever get to see this reply.
>>
>>18581562
Don't write about your own vanity, write about the value of education, of constantly pitting what you thought you know about a subject against what other people can teach you, about constantly being critical of yourself and your surroundings and how only a college education can help you achieve all that.
>>
>>18581591
And here you have another Anon with a high score, what the hell. You have to be thankful - you will never get to know how truly painful the brainlet life is.
>>
>>18581602
Ignorance is bliss, anon. There is no happiness to be found in being intelligent.
>>
>>18581597
28 isn't a bad score, or at least it wasn't when I took it back in 2004 or 2005. My high school was bragging about the average being 22.
>>
>>18581603
Sometimes I do wonder how it feels like though. Is it simply an easier time solving problems when there's only a couple things one can do and strict rules that must be applied to the process? That is a very mathematical intelligence I'd say, so there must be others. For example, maybe it's about the speed of processing complex information, who knows. Then there is also the approach of analyzing stupidity instead. That's also pretty hard because it's complicated conceptualizing an entire mindset (so to speak) when it's entirely different from the way you operate.

Either way, sorry about the blog, I am mostly talking to myself here. All I have going for me is doing the same thing every day, paying lots of attention and hoping I get somewhere since even simple things take me far too long to complete. But if a more intelligent person does the same things there is no winning.
>>
>>18581605
Thanks for the encouragement Anon.
>>
>>18581620
It's not encouragement. It's the truth.

http://blog.prepscholar.com/act-scores-by-state-averages-highs-and-lows
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.