[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coming out, need help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0486.png (209KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0486.png
209KB, 1334x750px
I'm 17, and I recently realized I was gay.My family is incredibly homophobic, but the community around here is incredibly accepting.

I feel like I should just come out for the sake of it, to maybe open the doors to having a relationship, but I'm also terrified of what my family would do.

I don't have a lot of money, and there's basically no way I could move out without being massively in debt.
>>
>>18580928
Wait until you have the means to leave or a friend to move in with before breaking the news in case they boot you out. That's really all you can do, hope they see it as the way you were born and not a conscious decision you've made.
>>
File: ass and titties.jpg (26KB, 482x482px) Image search: [Google]
ass and titties.jpg
26KB, 482x482px
>>18580928
>I'm 17
Mind telling the moderation team your birthday? You don't want to get banned for a year now do you?

I'm not a rulefag, but might as well say it before someone comes by
>>
>>18580928
stop, why would u do that are u retarded?
>>
>>18580928
I'm not a youngfag like you are
Why do you need to "come out"
Why not just do you thing
>>
File: IMG_1020.jpg (10KB, 116x125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1020.jpg
10KB, 116x125px
>>18580970
Obv I meant that I was born 1998, August 25th.

The fuck else would I mean.

I typed 19 :^)
>>
>>18580953
I do have a female coworker (the only one I've told) that has said she'd be willing to let me crash at her place for a month or two.
>>
>>18580988
If you're sure you can work up the money to go out on your own after that two months go for it
>>
>>18580980
Not telling people feels scummy somehow. Like I'm lying to them.
>>
>>18581003
Only because you have to wank your own dick off 24/7 because Millennial culture says you have to feel good about yourself all the time.

Fuck "coming out". Just live your live and not give a shit.
If you meet a man you like, date him and fuck him and live your life with him. Who really cares?

Just don't be "Hello? Everyone pay attention to where I want my dick to go"

You sound like that faggot with had a "Vore coming out" party
>>
>>18580928
DON'T do anything unless you're financially stable.

Besides coming out literally doesn't matter. Nothing changed after I came out.
>>
There's literally no point in telling or stressing about it. Your romantic interests aren't a big deal. Why is it important they know? Potential rejection? Just keep it to yourself.
>>
>>18581017
Now I don't want to seem like a spineless piece of shit, but I genuinely just took a step back and realized how retarded I was being.

You're pretty much spot on at how I should be going about things, now that I'm looking at it.

Thanks for actually helping anon.

inb4 memes about getting redpilled
>>
>>18580928

dude no, what does coming out accomplish? if your parents are homophobic its going to be harder to date.

just get a female friend to pretend to be your girlfriend around your family, that way they lose suspicion.

then get a new platonic male friend and have fun underage sex sleepovers.
>>
>>18581033
moron
>>
File: IMG_1031.jpg (24KB, 241x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1031.jpg
24KB, 241x230px
>>18581033
k
>>
>>18581050
I broke up with my girlfriend after realizing that I was being a scum lord and only doing it to prove to myself I wasn't gay.

Yes, I was a fucking prick.
>>
File: IMG_1014.png (226KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1014.png
226KB, 600x583px
>>18581049
will do
>>
>>18581064

>yes i was a fucking prick

dude you worry too much, dating in highschool is just a whole bunch of people trying to either prove something or discover something. you are 17 and are figuring your sexuality out. its not a big deal.

dont tell your family though. its not 'scummy' to be in the closet, its actualyl really great.
>>
File: 1499799477441.jpg (210KB, 1600x1295px) Image search: [Google]
1499799477441.jpg
210KB, 1600x1295px
>>18581052
Oh wow you really fucking dismantled my argument. How the fuck will I ever recover?

>>18581053
Glad you agree, I hope you don't believe in hell.
>>
>>18581073
Thanks for the support.

It genuinely does mean a lot.
>>
>>18581080

no problem. ive been in the closet, out, and now im back in again, and its pretty solid. men treat you like a man, and while they tend to figure it out down the road they don't let it define you like they would if it was just common knowledge that you were gay.

being in the closet, at least initially, allows you to experience the best of both worlds, living like a normal human while still getting to be gay. if people find out its no big deal, but there's no need to go out and make it your defining trait.
>>
>>18581085
the last thing I want to do is make it my defining trait.

people who use their sexuality as a quirk to make up for the fact that they have no personality pisses me off
>>
>>18581050
Don't listen to this guy.

For now just sort of ease into being yourself. Either your parents will stop being jerks or you'll gain so much confidence you'll have an easier time telling them to fuck off if it comes to that.
>>
>>18581045
another happy customer

thank you and visit /adv/ again sometime
>>
>>18581103

yes, because as we all know, 17 year olds can just tell their parents to 'fuck off' and they end up being just fine.

nah OP, do take my advice. I came out ot my parents and it was a shit show. its not a shit show with all parents dont get me wrong, but if you know yours are homophobic, at least wait until you are established on your own to officially come out to them.

theres plenty of girls at school who are willing to pretend to be your girlfriend to cover suspicion with your parents, and its easier to date dudes without your parents trying to restrict your freedoms.
>>
>>18581092

then no need to come out. anyone who needs to know will know when you ask them out, and anyone who doesn't wil lfigure it out when it is exposed to them cohesively.

I'm not saying keep it a secret (other than with your parents) but there's no need to throw it out there.
>>
>>18580928

One of the things that horrify me about being a faggot's parent is the thought that I'll see the end of my line. I and all those before me will not "live on" and that invokes a special kind of existencial dread. You can't expect parents to be happy about it. "Hey mom and dad, you'll never have grandkids. All the hard work of the people who toiled to raise you were for nothing. When I die, there will be none to remember you. It will be as though you and your family line never existed. Aren't you happy for me?"

The best advice I can give you is to wait and build a capital so you can live on your own. In the meantime try to work out whether it's a phase or not. You sound like you live in a "progressive" area and you're at an age where you are impressionable and want to fit. Once you're financially independant and certain about what you want, tell your parents that you like sticking it to guys (being the top isn't as disgraceful as being the bottom), that you plan on having kids of your own later in life, and move out on your own.
>>
>>18581796

>all the hard work of the people who toiled to raise you were for nothing
>because you'll be forgotten one generation sooner than you planned

well when you put it that way the parents just sound stupid.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.