[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have degenerative myopia and I need some advice. I have had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nqxpfdRFYz1t3yzbco1_5001.jpg (95KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqxpfdRFYz1t3yzbco1_5001.jpg
95KB, 500x361px
I have degenerative myopia and I need some advice. I have had it since I was young but as I grew up I've become more conscious about it. I am forced to wear these awful glasses that are almost an inch thick. I went to my get a checkup last year and unsurprisingly I had to get even thicker glasses. Its time for a new checkup and I am worried I'll just get thicker glasses. I asked about surgery and they told me there was little I could do and if there was something I could do, it'd barely help me. I can't get surgery anyways since I am poor as fuck with no insurance. I fucking hate it because all through out school I've gotten weird looks and its so awful just meeting people for the first time and their reaction being "oh wow you're glasses are so thick". I hate it so fucking much, I've just become an outcast because I just don't look normal. I don't know what to do with myself, what can I do?
>>
>>18580709
excuse me if this is obvious but have you tried using contact lenses?
>>
>>18580724
yeah but the prescription is too high for contact lenses alone. I tried getting them when I was younger but I have fear of putting anything near me eyes. I haven't asked about it but I think I could wear them with glasses but that probably won't work. How could I get over getting things close to my eyes? I can't keep them open if I have anything near them no matter how much I try.
>>
File: Nazi text.png (11KB, 260x343px) Image search: [Google]
Nazi text.png
11KB, 260x343px
>>18580709
I have been at least 6 inch shorter than everybody else since 6th grade, so don't feel bad. You are not the only one. Here is a good meme to cheer you up.
>>
>>18580737
Maybe just get used to it? The eye is a sensitive part of your body (maybe the most?) so of course putting something literally on your eyeball will be uncomfortable at first but if having thick glasses is making you so miserable, maybe just suck it up and get contacts to work?
>>
>>18580766
Thanks, I just don't know how to overcome myself with confidence. I have trouble making friends and I've never gotten a gf blah blah (you've heard this story before). The thing is I can't just get the confidence because no matter what I do I'll always look like a literal retard and it pains me so much. I guess I'll see about the contacts maybe I can get them to work but i doubt it
>>
>>18580709
Cataract surgery often includes replacing the cloudy lens with a myopia-correcting one. You can get the surgery even if you don't have cateracts.
>>
I think your mindset is the problem
There's a kid here at uni that works at the library with your same problem, I've heard some people call him froggy but I think that's just his bros
I see him around and he's always so chill

after a while, people get over it once they get to know you. Learn how to respond and deal with it. My sister's friend had an eye patch for the longest time and got enough pirate jokes to end her, after a while she learned how to throw it back at you and crush you or let it go

Dont let it get you down anon, at least you still have your fucking eyes
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.