[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I spend this year?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 1484164747768.jpg (582KB, 747x517px) Image search: [Google]
1484164747768.jpg
582KB, 747x517px
I graduated high school last year and took some university courses for a semester before dropping out. Now I've been working and was planning to go back to university and study a program and graduate and get a diploma and all that, but I became unsure during the summer. I'm really not that interested in studying. I was going to study engineering but I have no real interest in math or simulation or whatever.

I realized I want to do fun things while I'm still young, I can start college at 21 or 23 or any other time but of course it has drawbacks. I will be older than most students and will miss out on work experience compared to others my age. I'm in a European country so there are still many people who wait until that age before they start studying.

What I really wanna do is surf, sail, travel and ski. I was thinking a working holiday in Australia would be perfect. I could live in towns near the sea, surf and enjoy nice weather while the weather over here in northern Europe would be freezing. I could travel around and meet people and work shitty jobs and see things. I could also use this time to figure out what I wanna do/study afterwards.

I'm having a really hard time deciding if I should go to university now, study a couple of years and then take a gap year and work and travel or if I should do it now and go to uni next year or if I shouldn't do it at all and just wait until I have a real job to go on vacations. What is your advice?
>>
If you don't want to study now, don't waste your time. You can't take time off and travel as easily after your degree, do it now while you can. We don't live in a world where you NEED to go to university right after high school anymore, it's perfectly normal that people take time off first.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.