[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I missed an assignment deadline by one minute. The paper was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1501599300339.png (339KB, 720x740px) Image search: [Google]
1501599300339.png
339KB, 720x740px
I missed an assignment deadline by one minute. The paper was turned in online. I have a good relationship with the teacher and go all out for my classes. She is also very lenient, she accepted a presentation from someone two weeks late. However, I did ask for a deadline extension one time before after I had missed it.

Obviously I deserve a fail, but I have a feeling I'll be alright and that I shouldn't bother bringing it to her attention.

Should I say something or not?
>>
>>18580378
Tell her computer was freezing and you had to restart it several times and then aliens abducted you and they sped up time by 2 microseconds.
>>
>>18580378
Also, she is lenient, but it does say on the syllabus no late work will be accepted.
>>
Stop waiting until the last minute to post up your assignments.
>>
>by one minute
If she penalizes you for this, talk to university administration. I'd be surprised if at least one person didn't take pity on you.
>>
>>18580394
Sage advice but we're past that homes.
>>
>>18580384
Classic, I always use that one, gets em every time
>>
What sort of university do you go to where a late assignment is an automatic fail? I've never heard of this, it's always if you're late you incur a penalty.
>>
>>18580378
It's perfectly understandable if Chrome were to suddenly not respond at a critical moment, especially if you're using ObamacareOS 10. If you don't use Windows then you can make up literally anything and your teacher would have no choice but to believe it.
>>
>>18580424
The website was glitching the fuck out, but it's still not really excusable because it didn't crash, it was just loading improperly and slowly. I'm just going to wait until I get the grade back and start something only if I really have to.
>>
>>18580422
A private smaller school. We'll see though, I mean I bust my ass and work a job and she knows so I'm not super nervous.
>>
>>18580422
Not OP but it's not a university specific thing, it's more up to the teacher's discretion. Some will literally fail you for an assignment 1 second late and others will take an assignment and not deduct any points if you have a good story/excuse.

I got an F grade raised to a C in uni after sending the professor a polite and reasonable email.

I wish you the best OP.
>>
>>18580438
Are you serious, nigger? You experienced genuine technical difficulties and you're perceiving it as your own fault? I guess it was if you're using winblows in the first place.
>>
>>18580452
>>18580452
Lol yeah you are right. I'll pull that card if I need to.
>>
>>18580450
What was your reasoning?
>>
>>18580507
Also if you don't report said difficulties immediately you'll look devious and it'll become obvious you used it as an excuse.
Also install gentoo so this doesn't happen in future.
>>
>>18580511
First one, I literally didn't know the assignment was due that day, but also got into a motorcycle crash on the day the paper was due.

Second one, the class ran from 11 AM to 12:15 PM or something like that and I showed up for the final class at 11:30 AM to turn in my paper but the class was empty. (Class started at 11 AM, papers collected, then probably dismissed ten minutes later or something).

Explained both politely to the professor and they accepted it (reluctantly).

If your professor says anything (highly doubt they will), be honest, apologetic and most importantly (imo) say like you did in your OP that you "deserve" to fail. Groveling doesn't look good in most cases, but professors love that kind of stuff.
>>
I just went ahead and emailed her. Her response was: "2 minutes... no worries!"

What a cool ass lady man. Honestly making me feel bad I procrastinated. Every once in awhile I get a cool ass professor, one that isn't even necessarily one of those "special" ones but one that is just down to earth and normal.

Anyway, thanks niggas!! Gonna have a couple drinks now that I'm done.
>>
>>18580378
Eh I find it's usually worth a shot, unless this is a teacher you're likely to have again, in which case I wouldn't risk annoying her or pissing her off.

Me personally, as a teacher with my students my policy is everybody gets one. I'll give you one chance on one assignment, after that accept your grade. If you already asked for one favor out of her, you're pushing it asking for more, but again, sometimes it's worth it. Especially for just 1 minute.

Might try this approach>>18580384. The double edged sword is she'll know then you were putting it off till the last minute (because no student tries to turn in an assignment the second it's due unless they totally slapped some bullshit together a maximum of 30 minutes ago and are just trying to get some points for it), but she might take it regardless.
>>
>>18580422
What sort of university do you go to where this ISN'T the case?

All my professors have always said "I do not accept late work, I won't even look at it even if you give it to me."
Missing a deadline always means automatic 0 for that assignment (and given a lot of my fucking professors base their whole class off of 4 grades, sometimes that means failing the class too)
>>
>>18580422
>>18580450
Hell I have professors who will fail you if you miss a single lecture without a "university sanctioned absence letter"
On one hand it's shit because the fucking lectures are always useless and I get A's just from reading the book and spend all class period reading manga when I could be doing far more productive things with that time.
On the other its nice because 60% of every fucking class is based on "participation points" so full on failing is actually pretty difficult.
>>
File: dogecoin-300.png (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dogecoin-300.png
53KB, 300x300px
>>18580378
don't procrastinate you dingus
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.