[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intense emotions from online relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: sad-girl3.jpg (104KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
sad-girl3.jpg
104KB, 500x370px
Im 21 and feel that my online boyfriend of 3 years is the best thing in my life right now and it's a problem.
I care way too much about what he thinks and take everything he says to heart.
I think I might be borderline because when he compliments me I feel overly excited but if I'm jealous I feel intense agony to the point of suicide.
Im trying to get a job. I can't commit to any hobbies as it makes me anxious. I need to stop this behaviour because he's probably a liar because relationships are a meme.
I have a hard time ignoring him and that's my goal. How do I care less?
>>
First of all you're taking this relationship business too seriously it's relationship online, your feelings as they are based upon someone you haven't even met IRL. I feel you should take a step back and focus on real life pursuits. Also go see a psychologist.
>>
I've become delusional. That's all I know. I've suggested being casual for his sake but he insists that were serious etc. Even though we don't talk everyday which is why I'm always feeling on the edge.
The question is how do I take a step back? I lost most aspirations I had and just want to settle down.
>>
Try to maintain the online relationship clearly its working you don't want to jeopardize that.
>>
>>18580056
I am trying. But I am going through jealousy right now and I don't know what to do. That's why I think I should stop taking it so seriously but I don't know how.
>>
Literally me

Love my online "gf"""

But boy she's a borderline thot
Gonna block her tonight
>>
>>18580082
Why are you blocking her
>>
>>18579966
You sound like me 4 years ago, I even made an /adv/ thread. Are you planning on meeting? Do you live in the same country?
>>
>>18579966
I can't understand the online bf gf thing but it's no different in real life.
Love sucks until you mellow out.
My husband just dissapointed me horribly but hey--
>>
Taper expectations and do not rely on them for happiness.

It sucks for both them and you.
I dated a girl who was 18 recently and I noticed she was super dependent on me and really just clingy. I couldn't handle it because she needed attention so often and really kinda couldn't stand on her own.
The girl I'm with now is a year older than me and we're way more relaxed.

I felt similarly when I was younger but its self-destructive. You can't force someone else to be responsible for how you feel.

The fact you're lacking trust in him as well despite wanting to is interesting, points to deeper issues there.

But caring less is the way to go, not ignoring them. Just relax. Recognise that the person has their own life, ideas and fun n that you're not the centre of their existence.
>>
>>18580193
Yes we plan on it and no that's why it's taking so long. How did it work out for you?
>>18580199
What happened..
>>
>>18580082
but you love her?
>>
>>18580294
Sounds like you are familiar with my situation. How was she dependant/attention seeking? Was she pushy or nonchalant about it? I feel like I am like that but I try to hide it. I'm not sure if I do well enough.
I always do things for attention thinking he will remember me more for things like that. Do women just grow out of that?
As for the centre of existence thing, it sounds painful for me to realize. This is because we love bomb each other and he will tell me how I'm his world etc. And I wonder if it's just an act and he's copying the way I treat him.
I guess I sort of see him as a protector.
>>
>>18579966
>online boyfriend of 3 years
wtf, is this a thing? Do people who take themselves serious do this?
>>
>>18580321
She'd say small things and expect consistent responses and basically want me to carry the entire relationship. There wasn't a back and forth between us at all.
It felt tiring to be honest. I like someone who's into me but I don't like someone who relies on me to such an extent they can't handle their own shit.

And women don't, people do through experience. its difficult when you're emotionally invested though. Its better to take a step back and analyse it through unbiased lens or through someone else.

I was with a girl for a while who just did not want anything serious and couldn't have any affection deeper than sex (she was an abuse victim and it was her way of coping), which seriously messed with me because I seriously loved the girl at the time but I wasn't getting any affection which I wanted. Stayed for too long because I didn't realise that it wasn't healthy for me to stay with her because whilst I could fill her needs she would never be able to fufill mine.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.