[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My toxic friend group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1415482172513.png (346KB, 439x500px) Image search: [Google]
1415482172513.png
346KB, 439x500px
When I was in high school I unfortunately associated with a group of people that were partially delinquents, people that were smart but didn't have the motivation to succeed beyond anything exceptional. These people included narcissists, sociopaths, and in some cases near psychopaths.

I graduated a few years ago, but recently we created a discord server where we can all meet, chat, and play video games. This server, however, is incredibly counter-intuitive with a friends group like this. Most of the time everything is fine, but at other times they post embarrassing pictures from my past, pictures of my family, and private conversations I've had between other people. They do this because they think it's funny, even when I think it is not and they know I don't like it.

To be quite honest, I hate these people. I'm struggling with plenty of issues in my life right now and this is not anything that I need to put up with. However, I believe if I leave the Discord server entirely then my life will become even more of a living hell since they will find ways to continue to harass me. I'm trying to come up with some sort of idea of what to do, because I don't need this in my life right now but on the other hand these are some of the only friends I've got at the moment. What should I do?

tl;dr my "friends" are shitheads and I hate them but I feel like disassociating will do more harm than good
>>
I left my toxic friends behind a year ago and haven't looked back since. Haven't heard from them either. Even if they try bugging you, you can just block them on social media. Why give a shit about what they're saying about you? Any onlookers will figure out for themselves, pretty quickly, that they're dealing with a bunch of assholes. Do the right thing and take care of yourself OP.
>>
>>18579544
This kind of people never straighten up, they always need somebody to toxify, so when you leave they won't change, but find somebody else.
>>
>>18579554
>>18579561
I really do wish to leave them, despite how the initial reaction may be, but sadly to say there really isn't much else in my life right now.

Why are there people that are like this beyond high school?
>>
>>18579571
because people probably didn't beat them up when they stepped out of line or didn't have the father figures to stop them
>>
>>18579544
Sever all contact with them. Burn the bridges. Every. Last. One.
Trust me, I did the same thing a few years ago. Cut your losses and move on with your life.
>>
>>18579544
if you're 20> leave the group. if you had multiple friend groups you'd notice that you behave differently with each group. the best you can do is leave them and create new friendships or enhance old ones
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.