[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on easing Insomnia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Advice on how to alleviate insomnia? I've been having trouble sleeping, starting 3 weeks ago after a panic attack i've had, yes i do suffer with GAD. This was a short panic attack, i've had far worse but this one seemed to spiral me in to insomnia.

I went without any sleep for the first 5 days and felt i was going insane, now i sleep for 1 hour, wake and fall back asleep a half hour later for another hour, repeat 5-6 times. Every single time i dream constantly, i also notice my dreams are at times quite dark, even though the day before may have been alright, i also talk to myself in my head and try to lift my self up, positive thought and putting aside the negative, but at times it can be difficult. My trouble is staying asleep, even though i could be calm as heaven, and a calm heart beat while falling asleep. Still, even a pin drop could wake me up.

Took amitryptamine, Valium 5mg and valerian drops, but none of this keeps me asleep. I'm just hoping it fades, i can walk around fine and exercise but i try to keep it subtle. I certainly can have family troubles at times, i know what the source of the problem is. However, my brain just loves replaying it in my dreams. At times i would wake up with my mind going a hundred thousand times a second with random bullshit, and it would take me a few minutes to snap out of it. The Valium certainly helps in telling those thoughts to fuck off, and calms my body, but i can't keep staying on it. I also feel CBT would just tell me what i've already been telling myself. My panic attacks are also triggered by my physical symptoms, and my physical symptoms are triggered by my anxiety. Anyone else? I dislike sleeping pills.
>>
>>18579468
Have you tried melatonin?
It's not a sleeping pill.
>>
Physical exercise till your muscles feel sore, push ups, dumbbells, anything
Guaranteed sleep
>>
>tries drugs before exercise

Its like you want to get worse
>>
>>18579489
my doctor brushed the idea off, i need a new doctor! how do you find melatonin?

also i take lexapro now in the morning, so i have to.
>>
>>18579489
Well, it should be fairly easy to find. Maybe you don't need no prescription since is not a drug but a synthesized hormone.
>>
>>18579489
The bottle literally says it doesnt work for insomnia
>>
>>18579536
you can't get melatonin over the counter here, it has to be prescribed. i will ask when i go to another doctor.

also have you ever tried benedryl?
>>
>>18579540
Because it is not a sleeping pill, but the few hours that you get to sleep you rest like a motherfucker. So even shitty naps will feel like a good rest, which can help you get your shit together. It also regulate sleeping times.

Have you tried NOT to fight insomnia and just go with the flow and sleep in daytime whenever the sleep comes? Or is not an option?
>>
>>18579468
Hello OP, I was diagnosed with GAD more than twenty years ago and I have a host of other diagnoses. Like you I suffer from insomnia regularly, my worst case had me awake for six days and I have gone months at times getting three hours of sleep a day.

Honestly there isn't a real lot you can do beyond exhausting yourself and keeping good sleep hygiene. While not advisable when it gets really bad for me I drink or take a benzo. Try exercising and cutting electronics thirty minutes before bed, that works for some people. Also crack open a book that makes you think about something unrelated to your life before bed.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.