[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Angry father

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1472188622064.jpg (72KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1472188622064.jpg
72KB, 960x960px
Anyone else have a short temper and agressive father?

>be me, mexican/irish guy
>20 y/o in community college, lives at home
>transferring/moving to a school in chicago
>live in san francisco
>currently working at an internship, so i can pay for a portion of tuition
>have gf, see her almost everyday
>father gets angry, and claims i dont take care of my responsibilies
>i actually do take care of them, sometimes i stay uo late night to fill out paperwork, do finances, and plan for future
>random spurts of agressive rage
>he loves my younger/older brother, even though they're doing 10x worse than me in life (both serious coke addicts)
>mother says its because he'll miss me
>dad constantly beats mom when we're not around, and destroys the house on a rampage annually
>also occasionally alcoholic

I understand some people cant express their emotions, and end up getting mad, but it cant be this often. I feel like my dad genuinely hates me because he calls me useless, garbage, and retarded everyday.

>dad is a landscaper illegal mexican

I feel like im already having a hard enough time leaving my hometown, and my girlfriend who i love so much
Anyone else have a similar experience with this? Share your thoughts please.
>>
>>18579286
Give I.C.E a anonymous tip
>>
>>18579289
>kek
Im going to be honest, I've always considered the option, but then my mother would have no financial support, because shes in no physical shape to work any job, but an office one (which she probably couldnt get). They run a buisness together and that would ruin everything.

I recall her saying, that a year after i leave she will file for divorce
>>
If you are strong enough you must beat him up and explain to him he cant go on forever like that. He will change or he can leave your family alone.Also i would be more worried about your brothers, help them. They will be only one in life when your old folks die. HELP them and try to reason your father. If you cant just beat him up and leave for new city.
>>
are you stronger/bigger than him if so beat him and tell him to leave your mum alone and make sure he is not a piece of shit in the future move out but check up on them in the future. btw he probably hates you because you're a bastard
>>
>>18579297
>beat him up
I've done this about 3 times, once i broke a chair over his head. He doesn't really care to be honest
>help brothers
You know, i tried, i really did, but im in no position to help them because even the top professionals couldn't do anything. Im always there for them with open arms though.
>>
>>18579286
Sounds like you live in a toxic environement. You cannot change your father or what he says or does, but you can change how you react to what he says.

Vouch for your mother and help her once you leave. If you've got your shit figured out, nothing that he says will change that. Try to understand him (but don't accept what he does) by seeing that he probably has strong psychological issues to deal with.
>>
>>18579286
It is not your responsability to take care of your parents at this point. If they were sick or super old you could consider it, but not now. Let them choose their own destiny.
Dad beats up mom = her problem, she could leave him, she chooses to stay with a man that beats her. Nothing you can do about it, some people are into masochistic relationships, it's their choice. if she decides to leave him, well, one less problem to worry about.

Your bro likes coke too much = his problem, it's a free country.

Get into your head that some people like problems.

Do not fuck up your life trying to help them now. Help yourself. Do your thing, set up your life straight and just come by for Christmas to take a bit of their bullshit if you want. When the time comes to help them for real you can choose to do so if you want and have the funds.
>>
>>18579333
>nice trips
I feel like i do live in a very toxic environment, and i can feel my fathers problems and short temper rub of into me and start problems in my relationship. I dont know how to stop it
>>18579338
I think like this all the time. I have a motto that i repeat in my head all the time
>the world doesn't owe me shit, so i dont owe anyone shit
But im just looking to find a reason. Im leaving my father, and hes not very expressive and wont tell me how he really feels. I just need closure before i leave.
>>
>>18579398
I'd recommend you talk it out with someone you trust or a therapist if you can. Being in a place like this is terrible, but it can be much better if you don't try to face it alone.
>>
>>18579286
>mexican/irish

Sorry about that.
Alcoholics and abuse goes hand in hand with those backgrounds.
>>
>>18579431
I have a meeting with my therapist tommorow actually, but i keep a lot of information from him, because I dont want to incriminate my father and i dont want him thinking im suicidal mentally Ill and giving me a 5150 (I want to own more guns in my life so I'd like to avoid that at all costs)
>>18579436
>this
Many people don't understand what it meant growing up being these two races. I was beat by every family member, even extended family.
>>
>>18579446
Your therapist is bound to confidentiality, so he cannot incriminate your father or you unless you plan to kills yourself or bring harm to someone else (AKA, telling your therapist you are planning to kill or hurt someone), so don't worry to much about it. He can't call the police on your brothers or report your father to immigration (you don't even need to mention he is an illegal for the story to he complete anyways).

You don't sound suicidal, so there shouldn't be a reason for your therapist to do that. Just try to allow him to help you deal with you father.
>>
>>18579484
Dont you think my therapist could intepret me and my well being could be in danger? Think about it, if i tell him my fathers verbally abusive to me, and that he hits my mother, couldn't he link those two up and call the police? In all honesty i am in immediate danger, but im leaving soon, so i really dont care at this point
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.