[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breaking up with my girlfriend ( first serious relationship )

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1469438362376.jpg (624KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
1469438362376.jpg
624KB, 2048x1362px
I'm 22 and she's 21.

---TL:DR further down---

Last year ( january 2016 ), I told her that we might not be together after the summer since I applied for a college in a town about 6 hours away by car. We almost broke up that winter. We decided to stick together after the summer and try the long-distance thing.
Here's the deal. We stayed in touch and visited each other every month or every other month. It worked alright and it felt good every time we met. But...
I really want to keep studying where I now study for about 4 more years but I feel like such a large part of me is still left in my hometown. I think a part of the reason why I felt really sad last winter was because of this.
On top of that, she wants to commit and move in together and probably start a family when I come home and I don't know if I could every commit to that. I just want to be able to NOT KNOW for a while longer and four years apart is a long time. I just don't think that I can promise her that and she deserves someone who can commit.
I just think that we'd be happier in the long run if we broke up but I think I still love her.

Million-dollar question:
How do I break up with someone I love when it's the best thing for both of us?

TL:DR
Been with this girl for 2 years. Studying at a college 6 hours away and feel sad when I'm not with her. She wants to start a family in at least a couple of years. Don't know if I can ever commit to that.
What do?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-25-22-41-35.png (684KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-25-22-41-35.png
684KB, 1920x1080px
>>18579248

Why not have her move in in the place you are studying? Why not ask her to wait on familial commitment? Compromise is a part of life.

Otherwise, you will have to have a long discussion which may or may not end well for either party. After that you will have to cut them out of your life entirely and permanently or you will never get over them.

If you wish to place your own interests above those you love without considering other options she may probably better off without you, please take some time to consider a middle ground and sort out your own feelings.
>>
I should add that she's studying currently in our hometown and will be for another 4 years. She is not ready to move to where I live and probably never will be since she values the proximity of her family a lot.
>>
>>18579248
Long distance relationships are a nightmare.
Just do it quick. Tell her you just realized she can't make you happy and that is better if you break up now. Blame it all on you, play a bit like an asshole just to make it quicker. If you tell her the truth it'll be a long conversation about how you are not man enough, you don't love her enough, etc, messy and painful, no point. Don't contact her afterwards, don't answer if she contacts you. Start hunting for local pussy as soon as you are ready to get her off your mind.

Bottom line, neither of you is crazy in love, as in "I'd kill for you".
>>
>>18579291
Thanks
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.