[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Improve Self Esteem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1482924582967.jpg (117KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482924582967.jpg
117KB, 480x480px
I have low self-esteem and I want to improve it but I don’t know what to do. I think it’s because I have no real friends. I know a bunch of people but none of them are true friends. I have a great job but I can’t stand my immediate coworkers. Outside of work I see a few people for food but that’s about it. There isn't much of a connection aside from proximity. I’ve tried to invite those friends out to the cinema, to live music, and to sporting events but none of them really enjoyed it, nor have they ever invited me out in turn.

It’s starting to really mess with me and I don’t feel good. It's taking its toll on other aspects of my life. Is there anything I can do?
>>
>>18578749
Most adults don't really have any friends, or are only friends out of convenience. There's no reason to have low self esteem over something like this
>>
>>18578751
You are right. However, maybe it's the loneliness or the perceived isolation from the happy smiley faces around me that are bringing me down. Do you have deep friendships?
>>
>>18578770
No, not at all. It's not something I really enjoy though. I'm an introvert, and get more fun out of learning new things than spending a lot of time hanging out with people.
>>
File: IMG_0757.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0757.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I feel the same way. it hard some days and other days I forget about it n drown myself in tv shows wishing I was them but with less drama. The only friends I truly have are my two roommates that are in their 50's I guess it's right adults mostly have friendships out of convenience.
>>
It’s disappointing to hear desu. I really missed some of the old friendships I had. I do think real friendships are out there, it’s just hard to find.
>>
>>18578749
Join a club. You'll basically see the same people who share an interest every week and that makes it easier to bond
>>
>>18578749

Do some charity work that would truly change the life of someone. Seeing their smiles and their thanks will maybe heal a little bit and bring back some humanity. You don't need friends for company, but true friends only appear when it's the time. Don't search too hard because you'll most likely only attract people that will use you in the end.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.