[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just me this girl and we hit it off, but yesterday she told

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

I just me this girl and we hit it off, but yesterday she told me that she has bipolar 2.

what should I be expecting?
>>
Haha, the secret is that all women are.
>>
>>18578600
You know how guys complain about chicks on their period? Expect that. All the time. At complete random. Can literally change over the course of seconds.
>>
>>18578600
run
>>
yea I think I should bail
>>
Please do yourself a favor and leave, never talk to her again. I did the same thing you're about to do and she fucked my life up and left me. There is no fixing her, it's not worth it and she will change her mind about her feeling for you. If you don't believe me go ahead and learn the hard way like I did.
>>
I'll follow in my fellow anons footsteps and tell you to run as fast as you can. Sex might be freaky, but the saying ''never stick your dick in crazy'' exists for a reason.
>>
I was in a 5 year long abusive relationship with a type 2 guy
My advice is to run as fast as you fucking can
>>
>>18578600
An absolute nightmare. ABORT MISSION.
>>
Bipolar disorder I very treatable as long as you are both making sure she takes her meds.
That being said, its possible she has manic depressive disorder and simply calls it bipolar because she thinks they are interchangeable. Manic depression results in a 90% suicide rate and can be devastating to a family once symptoms worsen around 30-50 years old for women.

I dont like stigmatizing mental illnesses but this one is bad.

If it realm is just bipolar disorder make sure she stays medicated and she can still be a normal person most of the time.
>>
OP here I just asked her and she said she stopped using her meds a year ago.

looks like I will have to stop seeing her, I'm not in the mood for mood swings and all that
>>
My wife, who is a psychologist, says that bipolar disorder diagnosed at a young age is a good thing. Its pretty rare but she has far less of a chance to develop manic depression or get worse.
Also if she had to tell you this and you wouldn't have noticed otherwise, that means that she is managing it pretty well. You can usually tell something is up when they start to act a little weird.
If her doctor told her that at least at her stage she didn't need to be on meds then I think that would be further proof.

Personally I think you spread fucked up by judging get this way but i would give her a chance.
My wife works with these kinds of people on a daily basis.
>>
Means nothing unless it's a real diagnosis.
>>
>>18578600
You should be expecting a thought in your head, urging you to stop the relationship with this girl and to cut all contact with her.

Sooner or later, the thought will come, so don't worry anon.
>>
I was with a borderline girl for 5 years - bipolar and bpd are very similar in some ways. Do not recommend
>>
>>18579378
>I was with a borderline girl for 5 years

How did you manage to survive such a long time with her?
>>
>>18578600
I had an ex with that condition. I accepted it and didn't judge her. She made all these plans that we'd do, plans for my b-day, etc. She tells me the night before my b-day about all that she planned.

Long story short, she showed up with a sour face and dumped me on my b-day.

Good luck.
>>
Bipolar II has far less impact than bipolar I. Means she'll go between normal and depression fairly often, not into a manic state. See if it's worth it, don't stick around long term unless she gets on needs, and you can make it.

I've been diagnosed bipolar I and I'm in a stable relationship with a stable life. It can be treated. It might take some extra effort at times, but everyone's got baggage.
>>
Type 2 guy here.
If she makes an effort trying to keep it under control with therapy/meds I'd give it a shot.

If she doesn't it's like lovin a dog with rabies. Still a cute dog but can fuck you over any second. Gtfo asap.
>>
This thread is making me self-conscious. I have bipolar 1, which is worse than bipolar 2. My bipolar used to be the very least of my worries until I saw this thread. I have autism and I haven't left my house in over 8 years. I would kill myself if I wasn't currently in a year long mania, constantly producing dopamine just by thinking about things that I'm going to shitpost.

The only thing that I don't like about having bipolar is that it gives me so pleasure from living a lifestyle that's harmful to me, that I lose all incentive to do things that are good for me. If it wasn't from my biology I would get my dopamine high from doing more normal things, which would cause me to live a normal life. But my biology have pushed me into the corner I'm in. All living beings choose the path of most pleasure and least resistance, so in a weird way I'm actually pretty successful in life. I really shouldn't have more. If someone paid some girl to spend a night with me in my room I would feel like shit because no matter how hard I tried I wouldn't be able to have an interaction with her that I'm happy with. Then after she's had unenthusiastic sex with me I would feel like shit afterwards, obsessing about all the stupid things that I said and did. Screw human interaction, the lucky few with genetics like me don't need it. I live the exact life that I should be living. My biology has decided this life for me. If I had a twin separated at birth he would end up in almost the exact same spot as me by choosing the path of most pleasure and least resistance

Anyway, OP, your flirt will probably have some weird patterns of behavior that she has developed because of her sensitivity to dopamine that has given her a strong feedback mechanism loop between effort and reward when she does certain things that might hurt the ones around her. And there are certain normal things that she might not do because she lacks this same feedback mechanism loop between effort and reward when she does it
>>
>>18579432

Well I was under her thumb for most of it. She would shut down any conversation about her and treatment by making me feel like shit - honestly it the whole thing was hellish. When I finally got my shit together about 3.5 years in I told her that I wouldn't deal with her abuse any longer. She went on meds but I didn't really help all that much without the therapy that she refused. I'm not the same person any more, but damn does it feel good to have my life back; I still have anxiety when I check my phone expecting it might be her. We broke up 3 months ago and we're both 21. I blocked her since we broke up and we haven't talked since.

Looking back on it I don't know why I was there for so long. Guilt and the fact that it's what I knew and was used to I guess? I cared about her and she would always talk about how depressed she'd be if I left her. She has suicidal tendancies and I worried something would happen. We were each other's first so the idea of leaving her was pretty scary to me actually. Don't regret it one bit now.

Funny thing, she went off her meds the second we broke up and still isn't going to therapy. I hope she's doing okay honestly but I don't think she can deal with life that well. Not my problem anymore
>>
You should probably run before you get attached to her
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.