[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ill me Pete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

How does it work legally by US law if a Counselor gives you a diagnosis and does not tell you?
I'm trying to enlist in the military, and hurt myself from training too hard. I was ultra scared it'd jeopardize my chances to enlist, and imagined it was far worse than it really was. My doctor recommended I talk to a counselor about it, so I did.
I told him I wanted to enlist, and why I was so upset and feeling down about it, as well as some relationship issues I had at the time.

Over 3 years later I found out on looking at my records he diagnosed me with a minor Depression, and never informed me at all, despite knowing the first time he met me my entire life plan was built around a military career.
I am legitimately far more depressed about the diagnosis of Depression than I was about anything that got me tagged as it.
To top it off, the reserve military job I want doesn't allow people with prior history of mental diagnoses, even with waivers approved.

On the assumption I cannot lie about this to the military, how can I see about getting this sorted and proving I am not actually a fucking liability or somehow sidestepping it?
>>
>>18578244
>On the assumption I cannot lie about this to the military, how can I see about getting this sorted and proving I am not actually a fucking liability or somehow sidestepping it?

You assume wrong

Everyone lies at MEPS, don't worry about it, you're in perfect physical and mental condition
>>
>>18578248
The issue is I reported the sports injury to MEPS and later found a paper trail on my paperwork leading to the counseling session that got me tagged as Depressed...
I was forthright with MEPS about the physical injuries, and they requested those documents.

I considered the idea of slightly altering the paperwork, so to cut off the trail though. I'm just not sure how big a deal that is, since everyone lies, but not everyone edits paperwork.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.