[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friends freaked out over knife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 420927.jpg (559KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
420927.jpg
559KB, 1280x960px
I carry a knife with me every day for menial tasks, cutting strings off clothes, opening packaging, etc. Yesterday I pulled it out to open a box with two friends I've known for ~4 months and they went absolutely ballistic. They yelled at me, called me dangerous and unstable, and stormed out of my house. I'm deeply hurt and confused by this, especially considering we live in Texas and tons of people carry knives? How do I recover from this?

Knife in question was pic related with a green handle. Blade is barely over 3 inches, not a scary knife by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
File: bodyguard.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
bodyguard.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>18578143
How old are you and your friends? I carry pic related every day.
>>
>>18578143
fuck em
I carry a bigger knife around all the time and it's not at all normal around here, but it was useful a few times already and generally makes me feel safer (even though I'd probably just get into more trouble if I ever got attacked and tried using it)
I mean, you can just try explaining it, but they sound like there won't be much discussion there
>>
>>18578150
I'm 20, they were 22 and 24
>>
>>18578143
You use a spiderco for opening packages and the like? Waste of a good blade.
>>
>>18578160
It's a piece of shit compared to the ZT Hinderer I had before it. Which I also used for opening packaging.
>>
>>18578158
You must be British, then, because in the US, this shit is no big deal.
>>
>>18578163
Why do you need to use expensive knives on worthless shit? You can literally use any old key to do what you're doing.

I don't take issue to you carrying a knife, just you using it like a tard.
>>
>>18578160
Yeah, much better to just have a knife that never gets used. That's not a waste at all.
>>
Are they men? Tell them theyre pussies
>>
Fuck em. Who wants a friend that's scared of a pocket knife. Jesus Christ.
>>
File: british weapons sweep tire.png (1MB, 595x1274px) Image search: [Google]
british weapons sweep tire.png
1MB, 595x1274px
>>18578164
This. No, this is not fake.
>>
>>18578143
get new friends, they sounds like fucking faggots. jesus christ, ISSA KNIFE NOT A DICK
>>
>be 18
>just started college
>go in early in the morning
>hardly anyone there
>I have my handgun case with me
>it is time
>undo the padlock
>take out my collection of razor sharp knives
>start prepping for breakfast service
>I am in the culinary program
>I have to use a handgun case since I can't afford a proper chefs knife bag
>>
>>18578143

Do your friends have autism?

I'm not even kidding
>>
>>18578143
Dont be friends with them they seem like complete faggots. Just be glad you arent such an autistic as they are.
>>
>>18578143
That's truly bizarre. I know some people might go nuts over the sight of a gun, but a knife is just a regular everyday tool, you can't even eat a meal without one. I think your friends are ridiculous pussies
>>
>>18578143
>I pulled it out to open a box
>they went absolutely ballistic.
>They yelled at me, called me dangerous and unstable, and stormed out of my house

This story doesn't add up. Either it's completely fabricated, or you are leaving our key details that would explain why they reacted that way.

Nobody would react like that to someone casually pulling out a knife to open a box. That is an overreaction that is far too exaggerated to be believable - ESPECIALLY in TX
>>
>>18579327
>>18578239
This

You're perfectly normal OP, especially in Texas
>>
>>18578163

This thread is derailed by knife talk, which I get, because I'm a knife guy too.

However, lets adress your actual question...

You are reacting, because they said you were essentially bad for carrying a knife. That somehow, you are a bad guy and a risk/detriment to society.

Feeling bad about it is your choice, and you choose to be hurt for the following reasons:

>maybe you believe them
>people enjoy being a victim

How do you recover?

Do you think carrying a knife makes you bad? Be honest. You are going to need to be honest with yourself. No one's opinion matters but your own. Odds are you don't think carrying a knife is bad, because you carry one, but lets be frank, everyone on the planet basically has low self esteem (we are our own worst critic). When you feel attacked, and feel bad, it's because you are thinking "huh, maybe I suck as bad as I think I do, maybe they are right".

Fight that shit.

Secondly, you are "deeply hurt".

This is a trap you are playing on yourself. You don't know these people that well. Their opinion on who you are should be meaningless to you (easier said than done, we all generally choose to be swayed by public opinion). However, by proclaiming that you've been "deeply hurt" you are now the victim of an attack, and as a victim, you should be pitied for being brutalized emotionally for doing nothing wrong. They are bad people for doing that, right? Whose the bad guy now?

Your life, your knife, no one else gets a say so. So, stop giving weight to other's unsolicited opinions, and check in with your feelings about why your so hurt.
>>
>>18578194
>dangerous weapons
>a fucking car stereo

Jesus
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.