[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age is too late for, well, just about anything (friends,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: will-sad.jpg (110KB, 813x719px) Image search: [Google]
will-sad.jpg
110KB, 813x719px
At what age is too late for, well, just about anything (friends, parties, careers, education, recreational activities, happiness, etc)?

Hitting my thirties, and have been house bound for literally this long, el-oh-el. See you all when I pull the trigger.
>>
I'm interested to see the replies here. I'm 30 and did literally nothing with my 20's. I'm doing things to change that now, but I am really just starting my adult life.
>>
>>18578056
I think the obvious answer is it's never fucking too late to make friends. 30 is still quite young, and luckily you aren't 60+ just trying to make a life for yourself because then it would be incredibly difficult.

It will still be very difficult, it will take time and you will have to feel rejection but start with hobbies/self improvement. Get a job because that's the easiest way to stay socializing, start to feel good about yourself, get good at socializing, make some friends and become confident.
School and career will be a little harder but again not impossible. Believe in yourself and don't tear yourself down because it feels impossibly daunting. There are a lot more people in your situation who have made it, and everyone just wants to be able to. Anyone can do it if they are willing to put in hard fucking work.
>>
I'm 30 as well. I will not necessarily deign to know exactly when any of mile markers for these things are or their expiry dates, nor would I say that something is forever out of reach.

In my experience, all of these things are still available to you, but it becomes more difficult to attain them.

>friends
Everyone is so busy at this point with their marriages, mortgages, children, careers, etc. But you can still meet people around a planned activity like volunteering or spelunking or whatever it is people do in their 30s for entertainment.

>parties
If you mean office parties, family affairs, and veranda tea gatherings, sure. If you mean keggers replete with questionable consent at a fraternity house, dare I say, the ship has sailed.

>careers
Hopefully you've been doing something for the other 15 or so years with education or volunteering or research or working somewhere. BUT it's never too late to get started somewhere doing something. This may be the least forgiving.

>education
It's never too late. I would say other than happiness, as a category education may be the most forgiving.

>recreational activities
Unfortunately, try-outs for the varsity football high school football team have long since vanished and Chad Thundecock took the team to state anyway. But, it's never too late to learn a martial art, or take up archery or marksmanship or horseback riding or swimming or other lifetime activities. Think of them as lifetime activities. You're old, fat, and your joints have gone to shit.

[I'm fairly certain someone will chime in with all the candor and honesty of a small child and chide me for this last comment not realizing I'm attempting to be humorous 'but anon I'm 30, and I'm [insert fad diet here] and [insert fad activity here] and I have NEVER felt better.' Well, good the fuck for you.]

>happiness
Never too late. Easily the most forgiving. Prepare to go on an epic quest of self-discovery, self-love, self-esteem, self-care, etc.
>>
>>18578096
>You're old, fat, and your joints have gone to shit.
Stop projecting. Most people are still fit in the their 30s unless they were never fit in the first place.
>>
>>18578096
>If you mean office parties, family affairs, and veranda tea gatherings, sure. If you mean keggers replete with questionable consent at a fraternity house, dare I say, the ship has sailed.

Then you don't live in New york or in poor people neighborhoods.

Those aren't the only two places, but they're out there.

I had a woman about 30 grinding on me and having me get her wet with some business in my car after the bar closed, before she got out and called another guy.

I've had older women say "is that dick for me?" when I pass by them at the bar.

Plus if you get friends around that age group, you can still have those kinds of house parties.
>>
>>18578128
I'm thirty and have become quite fat over the last five years.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
Disagreeing with opinions
tsk...tsk...tsk...

>>18578128
>[I'm fairly certain someone will chime in with all the candor and honesty of a small child and chide me for this last comment not realizing I'm attempting to be humorous 'but anon I'm 30, and I'm [insert fad diet here] and [insert fad activity here] and I have NEVER felt better.' Well, good the fuck for you.]

Obviously, I'm being facetious, but I'm sincere in the sense that recreational activities become more than the high school chase for AE Hausman's fleeting glory but lifetime activities that one can enjoy for the entirety of their lives and for the rest of their lives.
>>18578132
I have a 2000 character limit to address 6 major categories. Those opportunities still exist out there, but they're fleeting compared to the full blush of late teenage years and the 20s. That being said, yeah, I live Austin and I was in Vegas two weeks ago for a bachelor party. I think it becomes a lot better as you age. You have more money, more say, but let's be honest I'd trade it all for a lot of those first times in college or in high school. Ordinarily, I wouldn't chide someone, but please keep your junior varsity exploits to yourself. Also, if OP wants that, he can have that.
>>
>>18578166
>>18578174
>projecting how much of a pathetic lard ass you are
Eat less
Move more
>>
>>18578180
Wow, how someone could so willfully misread something and not contribute to a thread on a burichan board is beyond me. I know /adv/ has a pretty dreadful reputation as not being helpful and frankly as being a shitty troll board, but wowza. Anyway, I think shitposting like this needs to be a bannable offense.
>>
>>18578187
Stop crying, you fat fuck. It's not okay to live like you do. Get help.
>>
>>18578191
>It's not okay to live like you do.
I feel the same way about black people.
>>
>>18578056
Good luck with your thread, bud.
>>18578191
Comical. Good luck with the trolling and the shitposting.
>>
>>18578191
I've seen people say the same thing towards people born of certain genders, ethnicities, sexualities, cultures, countries, you name it.
>>
There were multiple people over 50 years old in my college classes. Maybe not a lot but at least 3-4 in every class. I see old people at the movies... at restaurants... walking their dogs. You probably have depression. Being stuck in your house can cause a lot of mental issues. I deal with the same things these days but I'm working on it. I don't think it's ever too late to change anything though. Being social is like training a muscle, you have to work at it to get better at it. Letting it atrophy and then complaining about it doesn't really do anything.
>>
>>18578206
Fat is a lifestyle choice. A bad one. Fat kills and burdens society. Stop being fat.
>>
>>18578216
Again, I've seen countless others say the same thing towards people who are gay, religious, irreligious, from certain parts of the world, or for things they can't help like their race.
>>
>>18578225
Fat isn't sexual orientation, place of birth or religion. It's a health issue where you eat too fucking much, you fat brained imbecile.
>>
>>18578216
>Fat kills and burdens society.
Fat kills and burdens the individual. Society is almost never affected by some bloke's obesity.
>>
>>18578233
>Society is almost never affected by some bloke's obesity.
What is the health care system
These self-inflicted fatties are eating tax dollars and wasting the time of medical professionals.
>>
>>18578216
>Fat is a lifestyle choice.

Old is a lifestyle choice.

Not fucking sexy 20 year old poon at house parties is a lifestyle choice.
>>
>>18578230
People have said certain sexual are health issues. People have said that certain cultures or world region are burden towards issues like health, society, etc. People have also made the same arguments about religions or political ideologies (or lack of).
>>
>>18578241
A health care system (we don't have one here in the US), which is paid for not only by you, but also by them. For doctors, who being paid by the system to do their job.

>>18578230
>It's a health issue where you eat too fucking much
That's a completely misunderstanding of what obesity is.
>>
>>18578233
>Fat kills and burdens the individual. Society is almost never affected by some bloke's obesity.

Are you stupid? Being fat causes as many problems as being a smoker. It also affects the health of others because it increases everyone's insurance premiums, and has negative effects on hospital staff, medical supplies, and space within hospitals.

it also has negative effects on your roads. Their gross tonnage causes more damage to roads than cars full of thin people, meaning you pay more in taxes, meaning you have to work harder, where work is traded for your health/life.

Telling people that fatness only affects the fat person is retarded.

There's also the issue of what if they fall down the stairs onto someone? What if they have a heart attack and people get hurt trying to move/help them? I know an EMT that got a hernia at 29 and had to quit her job. What if they trip on a pet? Dead pet. What if they have a heart attack and smother a person?

Google "man dies under obese wife".

The reason gluttony is a sin is because everything we do affects others. You're a moron if you don't think that.
>>
>>18578249
>>18578250
Holy shit, you delusional fatty fuck. YOU are the reason why you're fat. YOUR lifestyle burdens others. YOU are a waste of human resources. YOU are a greed obsessed, mentally deranged failure of a person. YOU ARE FAT.
>>
>>18578251
When I said being fat causes as many problems as a smoker, I mean it causes cancer, heart disease, etc, etc.

Look it up.

Apparently smoking is a horrible crime but being fat is okay. Why? Because the food industry is much bigger than tabacco.
>>
>>18578251
>Being fat causes as many problems as being a smoker.
Accept the smoker is mainly affected by it. Not other people.

>It also affects the health of others because it increases everyone's insurance premiums, and has negative effects on hospital staff, medical supplies, and space within hospitals.
1). Not an effect on anyone's health.
2). You're going need to cite those claims from places other than Breitbart or Fox News.

>it also has negative effects on your roads. Their gross tonnage causes more damage to roads than cars full of thin people, meaning you pay more in taxes, meaning you have to work harder, where work is traded for your health/life.
That doesn't happen. Also, see number 2.

>The reason gluttony is a sin is because everything we do affects others.
I'm not religious, so...
>>
>>18578253
>YOUR lifestyle burdens others.
I've seen those arguments towards certain religions, sexualities, politics, etc.
>YOU are a waste of human resources.
I've seen those arguments towards certain races, cultures, nationalities, orientations, and genders.
>YOU are a greed obsessed
I've seen those arguments towards certain races and cultures.
>mentally deranged failure of a person
I've seen those arguments towards people of certain sexualities and religions/irreligions.
>YOU ARE FAT.
And you're very clearly a white guy.
>>
>>18578261
>>it also has negative effects on your roads. Their gross tonnage causes more damage to roads than cars full of thin people, meaning you pay more in taxes, meaning you have to work harder, where work is traded for your health/life.
>That doesn't happen. Also, see number 2.

Im sorry you're a retard. Roads are damaged by weight on them. Its why the right side of highways where tractor trailers travel is always full of potholes.

https://streets.mn/2016/07/07/chart-of-the-day-vehicle-weight-vs-road-damage-levels/

Say you have a prius with a 500 lb fat guy in it, that's double the damage quotient to the road practically.

Now, a 500 lb fat guy probably can't drive a prius, and needs a bigger car, inflating road damage further.

Next time you open you giant butter eating mouth make sure you research your "no" arguments.
>>
>>18578281
Yeah, the weight of the vehicle. The individual's weight barely influences any more than a collective all in the same vehicle. And on roads that are routinely, repeatedly travelled upon by a series of vehicles, consistently, for years at a time under a tax budget that already covers roadwork and infrastructure. Human weight has virtually no effect on roads and infrastructure designed to maintain the weight of larges clunks of metal. That's a badly reached fallacy.
>>
>>18578293
>Yeah, the weight of the vehicle. The individual's weight barely influences any more than a collective all in the same vehicle.

What the fuck idiot.

Did you not just see that I equated a prius with a 500 lb fat guy as equal to the next car on the list which has almost double the damage quotient to roads?

3050 to 3550 lb increase takes damage from .33 to .62.

A single 500 lb fatty does that. two 250 lb fatties does that.
>>
>>18578300
>Did you not just see that I equated a prius with a 500 lb fat guy as equal to the next car on the list which has almost double the damage quotient to roads?
Yes, and it's incredibly fallacious not supported by either argument or source. Nor is it supported by the physics regarding a solid material designed for heavy weights of items and vehicles where an individual's weight hardly influences it.
>>
>>18578314

Okay, so you're saying that a 3000 lb car who's weight is increased to 3500 lb has an inconsequential amount of change to the amount of damage it does to a road compared to a 3500 lb car, because human being's actual weight doesn't work like the weight of cars, or plants, or anything else?

Is that really the argument you want to go with? That weight not a constant based on what kind of object it is?
>>
File: this-is-where-keep-my-genetics.jpg (11KB, 209x209px) Image search: [Google]
this-is-where-keep-my-genetics.jpg
11KB, 209x209px
>>18578271
>And you're very clearly a white guy
I'm black, you racist fat cunt. Stop trying to act like any of those things are equivalent to being a fat and greasy ball of slob. Put the fork down and move.
>>
>>18578322
It does have an inconsequential influence because it wouldn't make physical sense otherwise. And any risk involved is not exclusive to the driver. As well if a road where to take substantial damage, that was a matter of time for the road and not the vehicles.
>>
>>18578322
>implying fat people can into simple mathematics
They can't event count calories
>>
>>18578340
My bad.

I expected too much.

Apparently a change from .33 to .62 is 'inconsequential'.
>>
this was a weird thread
>>
>>18578056
You can do a lot of shit in a year, if you have atleast 5 left it's enough to have some fun.
>>
>>18578132
>>18578096
>>18578056

I had an uncle who owned a fast food restaraunt under the franchise, he would go party with his workers who were mostly teens or college age, got a 16 year old pregnant, they used to do drugs and drink alcohol together.

Just telling you that house parties don't stop because you get old.
>>
>>18578534
That's illegal in a plethora of US states.
>>
Bertag*** you're morbidly obese you delusional fat fuck
>>
>>18578568
https://youtu.be/-mTUmczVdik?t=46
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.