[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting weed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: trainwreck-valley-healing.jpg (107KB, 687x600px) Image search: [Google]
trainwreck-valley-healing.jpg
107KB, 687x600px
I have decided to quit weed after four years of heavy daily smoking. It's been three days and I'm already struggling. I find myself extremely bored without weed and nothing seems interesting. Any tips for staying clean?
>>
Trying to quit as well. It doesn't help working with it either.
I found daily exercise helps for sure. It's all about finding a new hobby or distraction. I would love to hear other opinions though, since I struggle with it
>>
>>18577899
Keeping busy is the key. If you're at work, and have a boring job, think of ways to make things more efficient. If you're at home, I recommend literally anything you find interesting: fantasy books, a tough-as-nails video game, a movie or show that you haven't seen but are really interested in.

The key is to never stop DOING. That's how I quit smoking cigarettes, shy of 2 puffs before bed (I stayed up 6 days in a row, even with melatonin and valarian root, before having 2 puffs, and went right to sleep).
>>
>>18577899
I know you're being serious and everyone is different, but come on man. Cannabis is the most tame drug there is, these "withdrawals" are childs play. I hope you never get hooked onto painkillers, you would kill yourself if you went through those withdrawals.
>>
>>18577899
Move to a coountry where weed is illegal and you will quit. :)

But chose a cointry where it is strictly prohibited.
>>
>>18579106
Prohibition working?
Tell that to the 30's america lol
>>
The reason that it's hard is that smoking weed again is so easy. I'm sort of trying to quit but when one of my friends asks me if I want to smoke with them I don't say no. I haven't found a reason that's compelling enough. I like the idea of quitting and can get inspired to try but I don't stick to it. Usually by 9:00 pm the feeling subsides enough that I am ready to cave again.

The biggest reason I have to quit is that every day is the same and cannibis after work is just one of those automatic things I end up doing. I'm working a shite job that I'm overqualified for and not using my degree and I hate myself for it, but I can't seem to be arsed to do anything. The reason that cannibis is hard to quit is that:

A- people make it sound so benign compared to other drugs
B- it saps your motivation to do anything during the high and after
C- it just makes you so content with mediocrity, and that feeling goes away when you sober up. That's how you know it's time to take another toke or go to bed.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.