[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you know when somone or a friend genuinely cares about you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

How do you know when somone or a friend genuinely cares about you?
>>
>>18577824

a good friend laughs when your jokes arent that good, and sympathizes when your problems arent that bad.

and sticks around when they are.
>>
>>18577824
generally, they marry you, give birth to you, or murder you for sexual reasons. anyone who doesn't hasn't done one of these things to you doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>18577832
OP said cares not loves.
>>
>>18577832
What??
>>
Calls you when you don't expect it, and you can tell that they're genuinely having a good time with you when you hang out with them, they'll help you and invite you without thinking it twice to eat something even if you don't have money without expecting anything in return.
>>
>>18577842
Thanks anon.
>>
>>18577824
I've only had one person in my life that I considered a good friend and that's my best bro

>Believes in me
>Always pushing me to be better
>Makes room for me in the conversation, doesn't just use it as a platform to talk about himself like most people
>Asks about me and my family
>Has nothing but good things to say about me to others, if someone was talking shit about me behind my back he would defend me 100%
>Doesn't start arguments or drama ever

I've had several people call me best friend I try to play the brother/sister from another mother role but they always fell away when it wasn't convenient for them anymore. This guy has been my best friend for 15 years and has been consistently in my corner. If I ever get rich his family will want for nothing.
>>
>>18577824
When they are willing to give up something of value to them: time, happiness, and/or money.

If they are willing to sacrifice something they really value, you know they genuinely care.
>>
>>18577873
That's good to hear. I have somone who has pushed me to be the best I can be. But sometimes he does selfish things and won't seem to care. Maybe I'm just being an overly sensitive chick, but shit it hurts
>>
>>18577824
You don't
>>
They talk about you, to you. They think of you, before you. They stay with you, without you.

They believe in you, even if you don't.

NON POETIC FAGGOTRY VERSION:

A genuine person is always going to be more invested in you than themselves, and that's usually solid sign. Someone who constantly asks how things are with you and is always offering concern or an ear at least cares for your well-being enough to be there. But digging deeper into genuine care, these are the kinds of people who'll answer your call at 2 AM; they're the ones who'll give you impartial advice and always keep your well-being close to heart, whether or not they agree with what you're discussing. A person who genuinely cares will generally make an effort to reach out, too, even if it's not common; at the least, they'll reply to the attempts.

On suspicion that you have a scenario that leads to this question, I want to just say this: everyone faces their own demons, too. Just because you need someone's help facing yours, that does not exclude the possibility that they may be wrestling theirs at that moment as well.

Careful with whose care you spurn because you are wounded-- they may be too.
>>
They talk to you just to talk to you sometimes. Shitty friends only come around when they need something.
>>
>>18577824

I don't know op.
>>
>>18577824
When they hear out your problems and are nice enough with you. But honestly OP, I used to be that "genuine friend" but a lot of people don't give me the same treatment when I desperately need it.

You talk your different issues with different friends. You don't tell someone everything about you.
>>
>>18578064
Thanks anon. I appreciate it
>>
>>18577824
No such thing.
>>
>>18577824
What anime/hentai is that from?
Also try telling them you don't feel well and see how concerned they get
>>
>>18579127
>"genuine friend"
Or you can go by the technical term "beta male"
>>
>>18577832

This is what people think affection means when they've never been shown true affection.
>>
>>18577824

They celebrate with you your triumphs, and mourn with you over your losses. They keep to their word or at least express overwhelming regrets when they cannot, and try to make up for it. They appreciate you as a person even when they disagree with you.

It's important to be able to differentiate between someone who is parasitic in their relationships, and someone who simply lacks the ability to express true affection. One is harmful, the other might be but simply needs to be shown what to do. Hopefully they are eager to do so. The unloved do not know how to love.
>>
>>18577824
They always hang out with you.

Some people say they "laugh with you" "shoulder to cry" on etc but really its different per person.

One of my best friends has horrific trust issues due to her abusive father and isn't comfortable with hugging or even expressing herself.
But she will always come out with me or do anything with me whenever I ask. I can't seek physical affection or advice because she simply can't reciprocate but if I'm upset she'll always suggest hanging out or going to the beach, its her way of caring.

Other friends I know are way more traditional but again it all comes down to being around you
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.