[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get the courage to actually set up my online dating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: anx.jpg (29KB, 722x406px) Image search: [Google]
anx.jpg
29KB, 722x406px
How do I get the courage to actually set up my online dating profile?

I'm trying OKCupid despite what R9K says about it being nothing but landwhales, tumblrinas, SJWs, and preggos.

The thing is I'm incredibly nervous about putting my picture and description.

I feel like I won't get matched with anyone or just with bottom of the barrel girls. I'm not looking for sex or anything like that, but just a meaningful relationship.

I think it might stem from lack of self-esteem. I look at semi-cute girls' profiles and absolutely cannot see myself in their lives. A not so good looking fat loser like me...

This is pretty much my last shot and if it doesn't work out I'm worried I might die alone...

Help
>>
1. Give us some info on you. Are you employed? Live alone? Financial situation?

2. Why have traditional methods of meeting people failed?

3. What do you enjoy doing? Do you like dogs, economics, history... photography?

4. Seems like your main self-esteem problem is your weight. What have you tried, and why hasn't it worked?
>>
>>18577566
1. Employed, full time. Everyone I work with is either in a relationship or married. Still love with parents since I can't support myself on my paycheck just yet (car payments etc). Doing ok though

2.School/ work. I'm too nervous to pick up women. I always feel like I'd be bothering them if I talk to them off the street or something.

3. kind of autistic but I have a rock collection and like going outdoors hunting for rocks. I also play piano and I like movies

4. Tried working out and slimmed down but then I got hired and gained it all back. I also feel little motivation to work out since I go to the gym and just feel exhausted after small workouts (not 300 lbs or anything like that, I'm like 200's)
>>
1. Good. Stop wasting money on that thing you shouldn't be wasting money on until you're independent, and start saving up.

2. (this might be harsh or spergy) Ok fine. Bother them. Who gives a fuck? You used the words "DIE ALONE." That's pretty serious. For me, that'd be worth fighting for. It's certainly worth getting rejected for. The best advice I ever read on talking to random girls is that it's not REALLY your concern for them or their time that's making you timid; it's your ego. You don't want to be seen as creepy or bothersome. Let go of that.

3. Join groups for those things. The more people around you the better.

4. Let's kill 3 and 4 with the same stone here (depending on your location) join a hiking group and hunt for rocks. Meetup.com has some in your area, probably. Go hiking and talk to people. You might be slow or you might be embarrassed, but it's a start.

4b. Working out IS hard. Try eating better. Reduce the amount of carbs and sugars you intake. Try to get it close to zero. You'll slim down more than you expect.
>>
>>18577408
First you fix yourself then you start dating
>A not so good looking fat loser like me...

Get the fuck in shape and get some confidence. No woman is going to want to be with you when you think of yourself like that.
>>
>>18577603
Losing weight isn't about working out and lifting like crazy. Stop eating things that you know are bad for you like sugar and excessive fat. If you drink soda or energy drinks then STOP those things are poison. Cook your own meals, the simpler the better. Chicken breast, olive oil, onions and peppers, salt and pepper etc. It's really easy.

Go on longer rock hunts, and try to go as often as possible so you can get some casual cardio going while doing something you enjoy. An easy thing I do to stay in shape that is easy to integrate into my routine is do 50 push ups every morning before I brush my teeth.
>>
>>18577641
Yeah I really don't want to come off as creepy, bothersome, or desperate but I'm not sure how to let go of that.

I put myself in their shoes and I wouldn't want some random guy trying to talk to me....

I wouldn't say I go on hikes. They're very easy and low impact walks that typically don't last very long. I am trying to cut down on food.

>>18577647
But by that time I'll be old. I'm 26 now and have missed out on so much. It'll take a while to fix myself
>>
>>18577666
>But by that time I'll be old

It will only take you a year so if you are serious.

No more excuses. Start getting fit today. Every day you put it off is another day you are fucking yourself over. You don't even need to go to the gym, just buy some cheap dumbbells from a second hand store and use them at home. You say you get exhausted after a small workout well then do 3 small workouts a day which is easy when you are at home.
>>
>>18577666

you have so much time left my dude

every day you work out and lose weight, the more confidence you'll gain and the better you'll feel about yourself

if I could suggest anything to you it would be to download the app MyFitnessPal, it lets u track what you eat and you don't even need to exercise at first, just eat less
>>
>>18577666
>I put myself in their shoes and I wouldn't want some random guy trying to talk to me....
Don't do that. Don't over-complicate things. Plus you are the one who thinks this, who thinks like this, not them! They are not you. So just go there and introduce yourself.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.