[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Distance relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: House.jpg (60KB, 500x724px) Image search: [Google]
House.jpg
60KB, 500x724px
>Meet girl
>On the internet
>Spent days talking with her on cam
>Chemistry between us
>We are both interested on each other

Now the problem, she lives 350 km (210 miles) away, nearly 6 hours of bus

I've talked with my friends, including one on a similar relation, and they unanimously told me to go for it, but I would like some external advice

Should I go for it?
Should I try to go for something serious?
Should I acknowledge that there's a strong chance of failure and just focus on us having fun?
>>
>>18576804
Go for it
You'll regret it if you don't
>>
>>18576804
go for it, and if you are looking for something serious, try that as well
I met a girl online that lived ~1200km away and we are getting married next month.
granted we don't live that far apart anymore, but did for about 2 years
it's possible but obviously takes commitment and isn't always easy, but that goes for any kind of relationship
>>
>>18576804
Go for it. I'm like >>18576828 in terms of distance -- USA to UAE -- except my girl left me after two years last week. Even in the depths of misery and depression I'm still glad we had something for two years. It made me happy.
>>
As someone who lives in the western US with a bf of 3 years in the UK, I'd say go for it. The strongest relationships become serious and if it isn't strong enough, then it was just meant to be fun. Make an effort to meet her when you've been dating a few months at least, because meeting confirms a lot of things.
>>
File: IMG_4883.png (606KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4883.png
606KB, 640x1136px
just an innocent off topic question
how do you meet someone online?
seems like a weird concept to me
>>
>>18576804
don't. LDRs are a meme.
You are setting yourself up for failure.
>>
>>18576804
>Should I acknowledge that there's a strong chance of failure and just focus on us having fun?

I think this is closest to what I'd advise but it'd be more along the lines of:

Walk in with a healthy sense of realism (because even 100km can make this heard let along 3 times that), but don't let that hold you back you from enjoying yourselves.

Don't ever walk in to anything with blind optimism,
But don't ever let fear of what could go wrong, destroy even a moment of your potential happiness.
Because cowardice and regret are toxic beyond belief and often have a way of haunting you in a way that hurt feelings never could.
>>
>>18578513
As the anon in the US/UK relationship, I definitely second this. Great advice.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.