[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sliding into DMs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1429428032746.jpg (50KB, 540x368px) Image search: [Google]
1429428032746.jpg
50KB, 540x368px
Does this actually work?
There's this girl I think is really cute but she doesn't know me. Also she's into modeling so she's really popular and I'm just a regular guy. Extra info we went to the same middle schoo when we were kid and we had a mutual friend.
>>
>>18576304
Just do it. What's the worst that can happen? She doesn't respond to you? Oh no. Also, don't if you treat her like a celeb she's going to treat you like a fan. Don't forget that.
>>
>>18576306

How do I avoid being autistic? I heard that just sending a bland hi is one of the worst things to do.
>>
>>18576314
Hey anonette! How are you? I'm so and so from x middle school. Not sure if you remember me or not but it's good to see you again! Blah blah you can take it from there.

Ask her about what she's been doing since middle school, her career, school, etc. You already have a link through the friend and your schooling. Abuse it.
>>
>>18576304

Not only is this phrase stupid, the idea of it is stupid. Unless you actually know the person, don't start sending them private messages. It's creepy as fuck.
>>
>>18576321
>Unless you actually know the person, don't start sending them private messages. It's creepy as fuck.
Not really. As >>18576306 said, worst case scenario is that she ignores you and goes on with her day.

Don't overthink it OP. Just do it.
>>
>>18576332

Or she ignores you, and next time she sees you, says to her friend "oh that's the weird fucker that messaged me out of the blue, he must be thirsty as fuck," and then they walk off laughing about it. And then you build a reputation as the weird guy that messages girls.
>>
>>18576384
OP clearly said he doesn't know the girl though.
>>
>>18576390

He didn't really give a lot of information. I'm guessing he's a high school kid who also happened to go to school with her when they were younger, and he sees her in the halls but is too afraid to talk to her.

If she's basically just a complete stranger, then this is still just as stupid and weird. It doesn't work.
>>
>>18576407

Op here

I'm in College and working. Basically if I were to pursue it it would be like one of the dating meeting up scenarios.
>>
>>18576472
Just find some other girl man, you're semi stalking her and you dont even know her

C'mon on son
>>
>>18576384
This type of fear mongering bullshit is partly why so many people are afraid to talk to girls. Ya, maybe she'll think you're weird. She can fuck right off if she does. I've seen girls do this to guys and when they realize that the guy doesn't give one fuck about their cunty opinion they relent and admit he's "not so bad".
>>
>>18576504

This isn't "talking to girls." It's "being too much of a coward to do it in person." Or, obsessing over someone he doesn't actually know. It's shit like this that make women call dudes creepy, because it is.

He's known her for at least five years and hasn't mustered up the confidence to talk to her in all that time.
>>
>>18576508

I don't stalk her. I saw a couple of pics and thought she looked cute. We had a mutual friend but we were never close.
>>
>>18576508
Bullshit. You've never seen a picture of someone you used to know while scrolling through Facebook and think, "Damn! I haven't seen her in forever! And wow is she looking good. I should say hi..."?

I've had multiple long conversations with old school mates who turned out to be mega hotties just because I messaged them on Facebook to say hello. People, even hot girls, like attention and nostalgia. Just like the rest of us.
>>
>>18576525
If I'd talked to her before? Yeah, no problem in being like "oh shit, it's been forever, what's going on?"

If I've never spoken to her and she just so happened to go to the same school as me five years ago? No. I wouldn't start messaging her out of the blue. Especially because I also know Facebook filters messages from people you don't have friended.
>>
>>18576568

Op here we are friended
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.