[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

computer science?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: viper2.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
viper2.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
never actually posted on this board before, but i've stumbled upon a problem and don't know where to ask: is it worth spending thousounds of euros to enroll in a university to study computer science if i don't have a lot of knowledge in this field already?
i only have a few months to make up my mind and this was kind of the only thing i was almost good at in high school, but now i'm starting to wonder if i really want commit to a top tier european uni (where i imagine everyone is a genius) and dropout in a few months because it's too hard or just take the easy road and go to a uni in my country (romania) where it is much cheaper, but of course not that great.
i guess, what i'm really is asking is whether students from top 100 universities are really that smart or am i just a pussy for not trying?
>inb4 if you're not good, you will not be accepted at that uni
it's actually pretty easy to enroll in good european universities
i know some c++, c#, js, but whatever
>>
>>18576282
If youre rich and have a couple of thousand to spare i say why not?
>>
>>18576282
not sure about your euro universities but in america when you start a computer science degree they assume you have 0 field relevant knowledge and build you from the ground up. You just need the basic college entry requirements like math, reading, and writing.
>>
>>18576630
how many rich 18 year olds do you think browse 4chan?
>>
Going to top university would be a waste of money if you are not sure... I didnt went to top one university, but at least a decent one to study law. At school I wanted to major in being doctor and stuff, but i'm bad at touching people so I decided to go for law, because i was very good ar reading writing and memorising things. So I was also not very sure, but everyone said I will get good at it, i will earn much money, now I have 1 year left, I feel like shit, mental breakdowns everyvhere because parents paid money, i got kind of compensation/scholarship for good grades, but that costed me my mental health... having endured 4 years of self torturing which is called learning subject you hate, i'll stay for last year to get my diploma. Last week was about to kill myself, but reconsidered and stayed alive...
So dont make a mistake, go for education that you want not because you are good at it, but because you like it.
I had a classmate, he went to learn cooking and later to army and he is happy, and I find him very attractive, because he could go to a very expensive university, but instead he chose what he liked. Now he is a soldier making most beautiful cupcakes and I'm proud of him.
>>
>>18576282
Going to a better institution makes it easier to learn and be successful, not harder. Sure the standards are higher, but so are the facilities, the support, the opportunities, and the teaching is better. Yeah your friends might be smarter than if you went to a worse place, but they are your friends. That means better people to talk to, it means group work is easier etc. The list does go on.

A worse institution means you work harder to learn less, you get badly prepared assignments and worse teaching so it's a slog. It's obviously the opposite of all the positives above. You might be a bit smarter relative to the average student there, but that hardly means anything to anybody. It definitely wont mean anything in the real world afterwards.

Basically, better real means better.

>>18576730
A couple of thousand isn't rich, even for a teenager. Also, Europeans almost never have to go the US route of getting a real loan.
>>
Oy mate, the reading says that you are troubled.
Worry no more romabuddy! Romania has one of the highest amounts of cyber criminals, so by socializing wif yo homeboys, you'll learn how to make credit AND code at the same fkin time. Widen your eyes broad, and dont be ignorant - You know who to ask
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.