[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I overcome my fear of death?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1501280044597.jpg (49KB, 600x472px) Image search: [Google]
1501280044597.jpg
49KB, 600x472px
how do I overcome my fear of death?
>>
You fear dying or what comes after?
>>
>>18575673
I'm afraid of there being absolutely nothing that comes after and I'm afraid of going to some kind of hell after. I'm really not sure what comes after and thinking about it terrifies me
>>
File: 778.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
778.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
>>18575680
I was like you OP, I was even afraid to fall asleep because I might not wake up. Was afraid of armageddon happening any minute now, like an asteroid falling near me, the building collapsing, WW3 breaking down because of russians coming (I'm eastern euro) etc.

Then I got hit by a series of severe panic attacks, and 2 of them felt as if I am about to die of an heart attack right now. By now, I don't fear death anymore, and don't even fear the nothingness after death. I'm an atheist so I don't believe in heaven/hell as well.

OP, you have to consider the hell that is living forever. Think about living forever for a second. Seeing all the trends cycle and repeat themselves, everything starting to become a cliche and heard before. So much innovations and changes upon themselves until nobody can relate to experiences you have, and starting to become incredibly lonely, as a 1000-year-old individual. Considering this, there is something very natural and organic to death, because it feels like a rest after accumulating so many overwhelming experiences. Like a promised rest you are sure to have after a long journey. Also, it happens to EVERYONE. Literally every family member, close friend, loved one, idol or a favourite pop star. It even happens to Taylor Swift at one point. She too will be 80 years old and die one day. Death is one thing you can be absolutely certain of. But important is not to focus on death, since no amount of thoughts will change the occurrance of your death. Focus on life, remaining days you have left on this world. Make it count. Observe life around you, interact with other living beings.
>>
Read the bible.
>>
>>18575663
Realize that death is unavoidable and what comes after is out of your control. You can turn to religion if you feel so inclined, but I'm not the anon to help you with that. Just live a good life anon
>>
Become a nihilist
>>
>>18576764
Ok I read it, now what?
>>
>>18576791
Read it again.
>>
>>18575663
shock therapy - die and I promise you won'tm ind any more
>>
>>18575663
Become a buddhist. Meditate, try to achieve enlightenment. At worst you can get some sick martial arts moves out of it.
>>
>>18576791
Now fucking understand it.
>>
The solution I have found is to keep myself busy and accomplish as many things as possible, as fast as possible. If I live fast, it will have been as if I had lived more, the way I see it.
>>
Read some diaries of men who died of old age, having achieved nothing. Meditate on the paradox of surviving, living forever even, and accomplishing nothing.

Eternity as a NEET is more worthless than five minutes as a man.
>>
You wont feel nothing and there's no scary demon either. You are an insignificant part of the universe, connected to it in every way. You can also look at that in a different light as see yourself as the only signifiant thing if you would like. Human concerns about hell when it comes to our vast reality? that's silly. You're viewing everything though a trivial human perspective, including our sense of physical matter, feelings after death, the whole lot. You'll die, the universe will do it's thing (or not since time and our perspective of physical things will be irrelevant), if you're lucky it'll be a trippy experience. So why not just nothing? Well something seems to exist and you're part of it, and as far as we know nothing is ever completely destroyed and things keep happening. Change of crazy unknown, unseen, unfelt physics stuff is high. Chance of crazy anime in the sky is low.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.