[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

life after parents have suffocated me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Sonic_5bee3a_5865603.jpg (77KB, 635x627px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_5bee3a_5865603.jpg
77KB, 635x627px
> I'm 22 and have never been allowed to date, drive a car, have friends over, or get a job.

>Even though I'm an adult, my parents still try to control me as much as possible.

>They actually manage that bc I wasn't allowed to do anything to make friends or become self-sufficient when I was younger and then forced me into college.

>I'm about to graduate now and I'm trying to retain my sanity through the last stretch of this bullshit.

>In the last 3 years I've been able to work one bottom-rung job behind their backs, but because of college, I couldn't make enough money for it to matter.

>I feel like I'm some kind of developmentally-stunted anomaly of a person, just one rung of dignity up from Chris Chan.
>>
>>18575215
Call them out on their bullshit then quick join the army or something. If its been 22 years and they still refuse to let you be independent even after passing many many semesters worth of classes (your time > their money btw) and even getting a job that you have to consider to be behind their back then you need to do something drastic.
>>
>>18575215
1. Your parents sound well-intentioned, but have definitely made bad parenting mistakes.
2. You need to take responsibility for your own actions.
Your parents may have restricted your actions, and although they had a position of power, you made a choice to go along with their judgment.
3. The past is in the past. From now on, you can now start to take ownership of your choices. This is what responsibility is.
>>
>>18575215
I'd join the armed forces, honestly. IQ tests for placement/pay grade, 4 years of experience doing almost anything that society would find valuable (like being a mechanic), free insurance for the rest of your life, and a bonus to pay off your debt. Also, free room.
>>
>>18575241
What specifically do you recommend I do to start?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.