[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make friends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 120409_r22060_g2048-1200.jpg (133KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
120409_r22060_g2048-1200.jpg
133KB, 1200x803px
I'm 18, and in my final year of high school. I don't have any friends, to speak of, and past attempts kind of put me off of it. I was bullied/frozen out of a girl group in year 8, and have since then struggled making connections to people my own age.
I find the conversation tedious, as people seem to gravitate to gossip and partying (which is now legal, for the bulk of my year level) and hooking up, and as I don't really do or enjoy those things, I'm often at a loss for talking points.
I'm a naturally introverted and shy person, but I'm also very, very lonely.
Does anyone know how to make friends, or at least try?
>>
>>18575037
Go to college and make for a new start. Try to do stuff like working out over the summer to get fit and when you enter college, try to free up some of your free time in your schedule solely to put towards getting to know people around the campus. Even something as little as sitting in the hall, being on smartphone while people around you play ping-pong or something is a good start.
>>
>>18575050
I would advice against that mentality of "oh I will start being social and approaching strangers once I'm in college". Gain experience and train yourself right now instead. Join a club, join a group relating to one of your hobbies and talk to new people. There are actually a lot of people in high school who think exactly like you OP. It's just that they are introverts and not outgoing so you won't notice and find them as easily as the people you complained about. But the way you make friends doesn't change or gets easier when you get older. So just approach people and get involved in different social circles until you find people you genuinely like.
>>
>>18575066
>Join a club, join a group relating to one of your hobbies and talk to new people.
That's a bit hard, where I live.
>here are actually a lot of people in high school who think exactly like you OP. It's just that they are introverts and not outgoing so you won't notice and find them as easily as the people you complained about
I haven't noticed any. Even nerdy kids have a group together, and are so "men only" I wouldn't think of joining them.
>>
>>18575037
Literally just download pokemon go, level the fuck up and join team mystic or instinct. Than go to raids (legendaries or tyranitars) and I kid you not whenever you finish the first raid just ask if there's another and eventually you'll get added to discord and you'll meet chill people or if you raid with a guy a ton he'll want you on social media. Literally how I met my best friend. Or just hang out with the weirdos at school till you start working up and looking better than people will want to be your gym bro
>>
>>18575037
exactly same as you OP you can talk with me if you want,
>>
>>18575079
What are your college plans, OP?
>>
>>18575113
>What are your college plans, OP?
I'm planning on going to one of the better unis in my country, with all this free time on my hands I've gotten very good grades this year, moving out and living on my own.
>>
Welcome to the club. It isn't easy to reconnect, but it's worth trying something. Everything is really dependent on your personal interests and that of your school population. If you go to a place with a less homogeneous group of kids, then I'd say there is someone there worth connecting with. Seek them out. If the population is smaller and more concerned with conforming to each other's societal expectations (partying/gossip etc.) then don't bother. In that case, go online and join a community of people who share your interests. Building such long distance relationships isn't any less real than creating one with someone you can physically touch. At least this will prepare you for future interactions at college/trade school etc. There you will most definitely encounter people of a similar mindset and disposition.

You aren't the only person who has been through this kind of thing. There are plenty of people who experienced this firsthand and are willing to share their advice.

I know it isn't easy or enjoyable from experience, but I wish you the best nontheless. Good luck!
>>
>>18575132
Sounds good. I quite honestly think you'll do fine, socially speaking, in university, if you have decent amount of free time and can dedicate yourself to your studies.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.