[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i get a tattoo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: more-homemade-tattoo-madness.jpg (72KB, 577x617px) Image search: [Google]
more-homemade-tattoo-madness.jpg
72KB, 577x617px
Basically I am 90% sure I want one. But I still have doubts. Have any anons here gotten one and regret it? Tell me why I should or shouldn’t get a tattoo
>>
>>18574553
IF you are going to do one... follow this advise... DON'T MAKE IT ABOUT SOME LAMEASS EMOTIONAL STORY. "I put a rose in my heart because it represents my emotions when I love life and represents my deep personal feelings about love"

And do not do stupid phrases like "Love life." IF you are going to do one, make sure that every time you look at it you smile and makes you laugh. Make it silly and cool and good looking and FUNNY, and you won't regret it. The emotional stuff.... you'll wanna kill yourself for being such a corny mofo two years after the tatto.
>>
No. You'll thank yourself
>>
>>18574553
This, I have tattoos they aren't bad but it was a dumb decision getting them especially since I was still young at the time
>>
>>18574561
to add to this anon, when you look at that silly cool funny tattoo when you're depressed it'll make things worse

overall there's literally no benefit and a lot to lose
>>
How old are you? All the tattoos I got right when I turned 18 are the dumbest fucking things in the world. I'd get them removed if I could but I'm probably going to have to get cover ups or learn to live with them.
>>
Is a birthstone tattoo stupid? Mine is Diamond so I was thinking of getting a diamond if I ever got a tattoo.
Plus I really like that Sade album.
>>
There'll always be people who thinks tattoos are stupid and people who thinks they're rad. The only thing that actually matters is what you think.

I have 3 tattoos. One from a video game, one from a cartoon and one I made some time after my father died. It's been quite a while and I still love then a lot. Like the style, the aesthetics and they represent stuff that is, in some way, very important to me.

Also, no visible places. My job is kind of conservative regarding this kind of thing. However, when I get to open my own clinic and become employwer instead of employee I intend on tatooing my forearm. That's a sweet spot.
>>
>>18574553
People who don't appreciate tattoos think they are interesting designs on boring people at best, and bad designs on stupid people at worst.

I mean, you can do what you want, but a tattoo-less body is a clean cut look that never goes out of style. Meanwhile, almost all tattoos are pretty shitty. Only exception that I make is military getting a tattoo of their brigade, and even then, only if it's small and easy to cover.
>>
>>18574553
I have 3 tattoos. Love them.
Easily concealable for professional reasons, but I dont mind showing off, weather permitting or whatever.

One personal rule I have is NEVER get lyrics/names/quotes.
I just feel like that stuff changes overtime, maybe you break up. Or the lyrics you loved at 18 are so stupid now.
>>
>>18574619
>video game
no re
>>
I'm not against tattoosn but I've never had one.
But I do know that the things I absolutely loved as a young 20s person are not even on my rader now as early 30s.
So don't get it of some band you like or tv show etc
>>
>>18574619
Hey OP, do you want to be this much of a faggot?
>>
File: tattoos1.png (125KB, 1197x491px) Image search: [Google]
tattoos1.png
125KB, 1197x491px
>>18574553
No you shouldn't.

>older than 25?
you're too old.
>younger than 25?
you're too young to make such a decision.

>tell me why I should
You don't know why you want a tattoo in the first place. Don't get one.

Tattoos are basically a redflag for degeneracy

Also, consider the following:
In any major city nearly 80% of the people are tatted up. In the near future that is going to rise.
Cleanskins will be rare and held in higher regard.
>>
>>18574553
My grandpa's brother got a tatoo of his best friends name, later he changed it because people made fun of him. He changed it to his wife's enitials but it's still pretty stupid since what if she leaves him
>>
>>18574553
if you have to ask people on a Taiwanese spaghetti-weaving website to decide for you - no, don't get one
>>
>>18574553
you want to get that tattoo?
>>
My boyfriend has a big tattoo of his exs name. Also he never told me about it, I just saw it on his leg two years into the relationship.
>>
File: 1493056116938.gif (3MB, 377x372px) Image search: [Google]
1493056116938.gif
3MB, 377x372px
>>18575374
How do you miss a tattoo on someone's leg for two years?
>>
>>18575378
We usually did it in the dark or in blankets....plus it was an ldr.
>>
>>18575393
If sex is the only way to see your bf's legs naked I'm willing to bet you weren't that close in the relationship.
You never cuddled on the couch watching movie in your underwear? You never showered together? You never cooked breakfast naked together? He didn't do helicopter in front of you when he was getting out of the shower? You've never been to the beach together?
>>
>>18575398
Yeah we did all that but he usually wore clothes, and when we cuddled I didn't look there.
>>
>>18575404
Either he was intentionally hiding it or he's covered in tattoos all over and it just blended in.
I'm just baffled how you didn't get familiar with every part of each others bodies in a month like new couples in love usually do.
>>
>>18575405
It was sort of faded and not too noticeable of a colour. He may have been trying to hide it too
>>
>>18574764
>>18574834

That's what I'm talking about. These guys think my video game tattoo is ridiculous, but my wife and my friends think it's awesome and many people stop me to complement. And, what matters is: I like them.
Also, I'm a physician and I make enough money to do my tattoos and whatever I like without worrying much about other people's thoughts. That's nice.
>>
>>18574553
>should i get a tattoo?
>Basically I am 90% sure I want one.
Then no.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.