[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I join the military, or get a normal job/career instead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: military.jpg (94KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
military.jpg
94KB, 1200x675px
Should I join the military, or get a normal job/career instead? Which one is more likely to get me a smoking hot wife?
>>
See

>>>/k/34706306
>>
>>18574423
Normal job for the wife you egg shell, skull. If by how wife you mean petty officer michael brown, then by all means join the navy, otherwise deployments ruin chances of getting pussy. Also military married woman are real hardasses that won't cut you any slack. Trust me.
>>
>>18574423
Not sure what country you're in, but the US military is basically a welfare program/social experiment these days

>walk into truck stop
>US army convoy of humvees pulls in
>they are all fat black LaQuisha's
>hair extensions, painted nails
>shirts not tucked in, shoelaces untied etc
>leader/commander dude is white old guy
>he approaches the counter
>clerk says "hey how are you?"
>"...sighs.... 2 more years and I'm out."
>i look at guy behind me in line
>whisper "Is this REALLY our fucking military?"
>he nods rolling his eyes and shrugging
>>
Military if you want to excel. I did 2 years of deployment in Afghanistan and fucked my psyche up, joined the special forces for my home country and now any job I apply for I'll get. Graduated Uni with high grades and my life is sorted, except the PTSD.
>>
>>18574443
OMG a special forces dude here in ADV? How is that A-TEAM side job working out for you? BTW if you have pics that'll be awesome.
>>
>>18574449
I am also in Special Forces
>>
>>18574436
I'm a Britfag. That sounds depressing though.

>>18574443
Which country? Sorry about the PTSD
>>
File: IMG_2264.jpg (118KB, 757x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2264.jpg
118KB, 757x720px
>>18574449

I'm CIA
>>
>>18574449
Fucking incredible mate, I'm basically James bond cunt
>>
If you feel inclined to suck the government's tit and be an entitled asshole just because you served a shithole of a country, go ahead.
>>
>>18574436

You don't know how glad I am Trump blocked Trans from joining the military
>>
>>18574470
I'm an elite member of FAG. I also have severe PTSD thanks to my missions with the navy. Those submarine bunks my friend...
>>
>>18574478
Wow you sure do have a chip on your shoulder don't you
>>
>>18574423
Military. This way you can kill people, rape their women/hire whores /do drugs, blow shit up all on the dime of uncle Sam. Then, when you get back, you'll literally get your dick sucked for your service. Sounds like a win to me.
>>
>>18574485
I'm elite sniper from US military Q.U.E.E.R. unit trained in tactical espionage and maneuvres from the rear

we dont shoot often, but when we do, its a big mess
>>
>>18574499
I heard of your unit's exploits in Afghanistan during "Man love thursday's". Man those manouvers from the rear were super elite. Deserving of national commendation.
>>
>>18574507

Accurate view of today's military

https://youtu.be/FOgI9268njc
>>
>>18574507
we work hard and we play even harder

if you cant handle our heat, then dont hang around the flames

hooah good Sir
>>
>>18574512
Hahaha I saw that. Fruity rudy. I loled
>>
>>18574449
Fucking incredible mate, I'm basically James bond cunt

>>18574455
New Zealand, 1-1-4 SAS, CTTAG
>>
Do you plan to go to the normal job/career store and peruse the normal job/career isle?

People that have options available to them that are more economically rewarding than joining the military typically don't join the military. Is this you? I don't know. But when you say "should I get a normal job/career?" as if its an option as a (soon to be) highschool grad without any specifically mentioned marketable skills it seems like you probably don't have anything lined up that is going to pay better (between direct compensation & educational opportunities) than military service.

If you have the luxury of a stable living environment as a recent highschool grad I'd say seek immediate employment paired with classes at the local community college and revisit the question after a year of work and cheap-tuition general ed.
>>
>>18574559
"Attention, we need the NZ SAS for an important mission. There's an abundance of kiwifruit and close combat support is needed pick them up. AO is farmland over two miles south. Keep your shovel sharp. Who dares wins mate."
>>
>>18574568
Love it, needs more tactical sheep sagging though
>>
>>18574559
>>18574568

https://youtu.be/B-Rg5N_t4aM
>>
>>18574559
>>18574443
Are your abilities and knowledge enough to end well in random civilian situations, for example robbery with aggression? Also, how does one overcome fear and reach the "optimal stress/performance" mindset?
>>
>>18575613
I know that in any combat/tactical/strategic situation in which I'm not at a significant disadvantage, I'll have no issue. If I can acquire a weapon or be within 5m of a target I have stopping power. As far as civilian overflow, my military knowledge and skill. Isn't necessary relevant, but my ability to learn, perform under pressure and create solutions outside of the box are all valuable skills.

As far as achieving that mindset, It really comes from within, I had nothing before I joined the military, and the situations I have encountered enable me to push through any adversity, as failing will never be an option. Special Forces training is so rigorous because it develops a mindset in which you've already faced the worst things to happen to you, and any adversity in your path is nothing by comparison.

>>18575613
>>
>>18575693
Not to derail, but I wanted to settle an argument I had with someone. Is it true that you don't need to be really be skilled to be effective against someone with a knife? I'm under the impression that so long as you can get close enough and have the gumption to sink the blade in, you've pretty much already won the fight, with training only helping your chances against the attack marginally.
>>
>>18575717
Not him, but it seems that you're talking about "initiative", "morale" or "motivation".
>>
>>18574423
If you're an officer you might get a hot wife. Enlisted you'll only have access to sluts and whores who jump around from guy to guy and are only looking to suck those bennies. Plus they'll get fat the instant they're married to you. And the girls who are in the military are like 50% dykes, 25% already married, and the rest are probably ugly and definitely sleeping around with everyone.

College is a much better place to find a girl.
>>
File: 1489829075085.jpg (10KB, 716x724px) Image search: [Google]
1489829075085.jpg
10KB, 716x724px
>doing anything in life for the sole purpose of getting pussy
>>
>>18574423
Do a short service (5 years or so) then could go into normal career, you'd have the option to stay on in the military or leave
>>
>>18574423
Go officer if you can. If you can't then go civvie.
Enlistment sucks ass and is only a good option if you're shit poor or too retarded for college.
>>
>>18576131
at least he doesn't want to enlist so "he can kill sandniggies"
>>
>>18575717
From an offensive standpoint as long as you have the physical capability to not be overpowered, the dexterity to not have your blade trapped /disarmed, the intelligence or foresight to target lethal zones, and the willpower to sink the blade, then yes you don't need to be trained or skilled.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.