[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Falsely accused of being a child molester

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: The-Hunt.jpg (372KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
The-Hunt.jpg
372KB, 2000x1500px
Hi /adv/
I'm new on this board but I feel like this belongs here even though it isn't >tfw no gf

I have a Facebook account - barely use it but it has my real name and a pic of me. Earlier today I noticed I was getting a lot of "message requests" on Messenger - people who wanted to talk to me in the language of a neighboring country so I didn't quite understand what they were at and discarded it as spam.

However the messages kept dropping in from different random people and it didn't really feel like spam so I ran it through google translate and realized that it was mostly people threatening and attempting to doxx me.

I started talking to one of the guys that weren't threatening me and spoke English, and it turns out that there is some kind of big(tens of thousands of members) crimefighting/missing people/etc Facebook group in that country and one woman had posted a post about being repeatedly molested as a child, the pedo supposedly being me. Now the thing is I don't know that woman, was 8-9 years old when she says it occurred and I've only been to that neighboring country once or twice in my life.

Now I'm seeing screenshots of them digging though the place I work, friends and other stuff - I'm getting kind of scared...

What do I do
(pic unrelated as I don't want to post screenshots for obvious reasons, but I feel like the guy in that movie)
>>
Prob some eastern euro bungholes who scare people into giving them blackmail money. Over nothing. The group is probably their elaborate creation and they use it as weight behind their accusations.

Tell them to fuck off and that you will kill them if they fuck with you.
>>
>>18573915
Yeah, the woman who made the post seems a bit... unstable but nevertheless I don't feel like just ignoring it, what if they start contacting my colleagues and friends?

I'm contemplating going to the police with screenshots but as it is in a different country I'm guessing it will be discarded at once
>>
>>18573940
still worth a shot. I'd go to the police preemptively to nip this shit in the bud.
>>
Delete your account?
>>
>>18573970
What good will it do? I already have it locked down in privacy settings but they have my name and it's pretty unique, listed on company webpages and other places
>>
>>18573900
this is stuff from nightmares anon. i think you have enough logical evidence to dismiss this easily. like any lawyer would say, don't say anything, post anything or reply to any message. as for advice you could seek help of organisations like the innocence project.
>>
File: 1500795247336.jpg (26KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1500795247336.jpg
26KB, 500x334px
Ok so now apparently this woman has edited her Facebook post and claiming it was a mistake and that she was actually talking about someone else with a similar name

She started writing messages to me basically boiling down to "lol sorry" but not very convincing

I don't know what to do really and feel kind of bad about the whole thing
>>
>>18574081
Request a public apology
>>
>>18574111
I dunno man I just want to disappear from this whole affair I had a great day and now there's thousands of people thinking I grope 5-year old girls

What if someone talked to my boss or something? I don't want to have that conversation
>>
>>18574147
I would say: don't engage anybody yourself, even to accept her apology or try to clarify things. Contact a lawyer and have them deal with her and get her to retract her statements on the same public platform she made them.

But this is real life, and lawyers are expensive so the internet advice of "lawyer up, son" isn't always feasible.

I dunno, I'd say letting it blow over is best. Those guys will get bored and move onto the next target in time. Engaging them will only stole the flames.
>>
>>18573900
I would probably contact the police and report the threatening messages.

If someone's accusing you of a crime, I also recommend obtaining legal counsel. You may not need it, but it's a good idea to have made an arrangement for a lawyer before you need one.

Take this seriously and don't think that it's going to go away and you'll never have to deal with it just because you don't want to. It's one of the problems with the internet: someone posts some shit publicly, and it's going to be out there forever, regardless of the truth.
>>
So glad I got rid of all my social media
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.