[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on antidepressants?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
Hey guys,
I've been depressed for 6 years now and I decided I want to finally do what's necessary to get back on track. I'm gonna do a therapy, but I'm not sure about taking antidepressants.
Magazines and newspapers always tell that they are better than their reputation, but from individuals on boards like this you hear from side effects like erectile dysfunction or "never feeling the same again" which scares me a little.
Can somebody who took antidepressants at some point of their life or knows somebody who did tell me about their experience?
Thanks a lot
>>
>>18573717
Regular SSRI's are shit.

Go for wellbutrin.
>>
Do them. Everyone depressed person should go on them at least once to see what they are like. If they don't work out for you, you can always stop taking them.
>>
>>18573722
The only thing that stops me are the stories about lasting side effects, even after the medication. I'm talking about persisting ED for months or shivering attacks and the like after getting off the meds. Did you personally witness any of these things?
>>
>>18573717
take vitamin d supplements
don't take anti depressants
>>
>>18573971
Took that and other vitamin supplements. Changed nothing.
>>
>>18573733
I haven't been on antidepressants, but my husband is.

He was on one when he was younger that pretty much killed his emotions. That was bad and he had to get off of that one. There was another one that made him more suicidal, and he had to get off of that one, too. It took some work and trying several kinds to find one that worked and didn't have any nasty side effects,.

However, we have found one. And it's been amazing for him. His mood is drastically improved, his low spells are much less severe and pass much more quickly. He's happier, he's more creative and productive like he wanted to be, he's a kinder father, and he doesn't have those terrible periods where he couldn't feel or love or enjoy anything for months.

It takes some work to find the right antidepressant. You have to watch out for bad symptoms, because they can really get nasty. If you get on an antidepressant hand have a terrible side effect, absolutely contact your psychiatrist! Get it changed, don't suffer in silence.

The right medication, however, can make all the difference.
>>
>>18573717
I've been on welbutrin since i was like fifteen. It's done wonders for me. It actually makes things a lot easier to manage.
>>
>>18574073
Which one now? Which ones before? I have noticed patterns for which ones cause certain subjective issues and it would be useful to see.
>>
I think they're worth a shot. They didn't work for me, but neither did the therapy. By taking them I was at least able to say I honestly tried everything to treat my depression.

Had no lasting effects at all going off them, and I was on them for years. I highly doubt you're gonna have permanent ED from trying them out for a few months unless you have some sever, rare allergic reaction
>>
File: 200.jpg (20KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
20KB, 300x100px
>>18573971
>Have u just tried exercising and NOT being depressed anymore? Works wondurs.
>>
Thanks for all the replies so far! I think i might give it a shot, even if it takes some time to figure out which is the right one for me.
>>
>>18574134
Zoloft was the one that caused the dead emotions. SSRIs gave him sexual performance problems. Bupropion was what caused the sudden increase in suicidal intent.

Now he's on Lithium, as well as a mood stabilizer.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.