[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should you react when an adult woman disrespects you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: confused arnold.jpg (71KB, 559x598px) Image search: [Google]
confused arnold.jpg
71KB, 559x598px
It's a family friend and they persuaded me to take a job I didn't want to take.

Now you could say "get over this". And I probably should. But it's like it KEEPS happening to me - there were a few decisions around college/university which I wanted to make a certain way, but my mum told me to make them another way.

I just got angry about it and shit, it's like they're constantly twisting my arm into doing the things THEY want me to do.

Should I just kill myself? Should I kill somebody else? Am I fucking crazy?
>>
>an adult woman disrespects you
Literally
>>
>>18573450
Dude, holy fuck i just delt with something like this like, 2 hours ago.
>>
"They made me do it" isn't a valid reason for an adult unless they physically threatened you. That doesn't mean you shouldn't resent them for trying to pressure and/or manipulate you, but you are not no longer responsible for your choices/actions because you succumbed to pressure from your family.

You earn respect by respecting yourself. Not just telling them "I don't want this" over and over again but telling them right away that this is not a family decision, it is yours, and you don't want to discuss it anymore. If they still press it, you walk away or leave the premise altogether. Cut contact if they keep it up.
>>
>>18573463
I just fucking hate people disrespecting me to be honest famalam

Because it's not like this person just made a suggestion, "oh I think you should do this, but it's up to you, do what you want"

Instead what happened is that TWICE I argued back to this person "actually, I think I want to do X instead". But each time they wouldn't have it, they were just telling me I was "stupid", an "idiot" for the decision I wanted to make. Just absolutely ground me down until they got their way.

Absolutely I shouldn't have listened to them. Absolutely I should have just said "no". But I went into that conversation in good faith - I thought they were giving me advice, I didn't think they were going to try and get their way no matter what. But now I understand this person is just a fucking egotist. A cunt. She can't stand being wrong.

What can you do in a situation like that? It's just total fucking humiliation. I tried calling them to talk to them about it and they just berated me, saying "IT WAS YOUR DECISION, I DIDN'T TELL YOU TO DO ANYTHING, I WAS JUST GIVING YOU ADVICE", which is utter garbage

Why do I assume people are good? This person was a cunt and all she cared about was being RIGHT. That's it. She just cared about PROVING TO ME THAT HER OPINION WAS RIGHT. Which meant she didn't care what my opinion was, even though I kept saying it. She wasn't listening to that - she was just saying HER opinion, and calling me an "idiot" and "stupid" for not doing what she wanted

Yeah I'm a faggot for not standing up to her, but I can't turn back time can I?
>>
>>18573471
>>18573478
If you want the detail I've written it here: >>18573492

TLDR - This "family friend" just berated me until I did what they wanted. This happened a while ago, but it keeps bugging me, because it just felt like a fucking humiliation.
>>
>>18573494
holy shit.
just let it go. learn from it and grow a backbone.

they didn't disrespect you. you disrespected yourself by not standing by your decision.

you just sounds like a shit for harping on 'all adult women' on the internet when in reality it was one instance.
>>
you sound underage OP.

Remember, if you are truly an adult you don't have to do everything your mom tells you.
>>
>>18573492
Holy fucking shit are you retarded? Call a mercenary and have him cut all her fingers and tongue and make sure she stays alive.

This sjw tumblr needs to be judged and treated by the long hand of justice.
Take her down, OP.
>>
>>18573450
a control freak is a control freak
show her true strength
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.