[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/ demographics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (47KB, 480x459px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 480x459px
Can we get a breakout of where most posters are from and all?

>gender
>location
>age

Do you think any of these things affect the way you give or take advice?

For me:
>M
>Las Vegas
>30

I do think I'm more prone to giving advice here than taking it but my life in Vegas is pretty intense compared to someone who might need advice in small town America.
>>
>>18573096
>F
>USA
>22

>Do you think any of these things affect the way you give or take advice?

Absolutely, I'm still young and naive and live in a privileged first world country. I try to give unbiased and objective advice despite my limited perspective and life experience.
>>
>>18573096
M
CA

Probably a bit, but I wouldn't say that it effects me that much
>>
>F
>20
>PA

I've posted a lot of threads here in the past 2 months. The anons have always been right and told me the right thing to do.
>>
>M
>Germany
>23

of course they do, I can't give girls adivce on girl stuff because I don't understand it, I haven't really seen much of the world or life in general yet and even compared to other western nations, there are many differences
>>
>>18573096
>M
>EU
>27

obvsly a dumb question, not gonna answer.
>>
>M
>18
>Canada

The biggest thing that has influenced my advice is seeing all of the things my friends and I have been doing right and wrong in real life. There are plenty of examples of how NOT to live life that you can see in a teenager.
>>
Female
New Zealand
24, almost 25

I think it's a combination of life experiences, outlook on life and values and beliefs that affect the way you give or take advice more than your gender, age and location. Age and location definitely factor into it, someone who's 30 will generally be able to give better advice than someone who's 18, for example, but I don't think they're major factors. The effect of your gender depends on the question, if it's something like career advice then gender will have less of an effect than if it's about relationships, for example.
>>
>m
>serbia
>21
>>
>18
>M
>virginia

My location is definitely getting in the way of me finding ways to make money. Amazon is hiring but they are an hour away from me by car and idk if I want to do that every day. Other than that I think my age and gender just kind of go into a melting pot of everyone else my age and were all pretty similar
>>
>m
>los angeles
>25

eh yeah. its more male skewed for sure... location sure too when i think of dating i think of city dating, same with potential hobbies. i often forget that a weeb in a small town has jack shit to do.
>>
F
Small town in Louisiana

I think being a woman can help me give guys a better understanding of what women are thinking. I get that people are so varied that my perspective may not apply to very many other women, but I like to think that I can help some guys feel like women aren't these crazy, evil creatures. But the biggest thing affecting my ability to give advice is that I've always been the mediator in my family. I'm very big on understanding both sides and encouraging empathy
>>
>F
>NY
>28

I see people bitching about being 18 and all I can think is that they're still babies. I feel very young myself. I'm married, just got laid off from my first 'real' job that I was at for 5 years, and have a mortgage.

It does effect how I give and take advice.
>>
>M
>PA
>23

Probably because I still assume that everyone on 4chan is a male between 16 and 26
>>
>>18573096

>Male
>USA
>27

I post here sometimes when I have a particular thing on my mind, which I don't feel comfortable talking to people about IRL. But other than that, I just give honest input to people's questions
>>
you should probably include a disclaimer that everything you say is coming from a fucming faggot op
>>
>>18574022

>Virginia
>Amazon is hiring
>1 hour away by car

are you in Winchester or Woodbridge?
>>
>>18573096
>F
>USA
>25

yes, /adv/ gives me a chance to show neckbeards that women aren't as crazy and man-hating as they think they are
>>
>>18574361

I don't think women are man-hating. I just think they don't understand or care how hurtful it is when they use men emotionally
>>
>>18573096
>M
>Illinois
>22

My race is a big influence to my advice. I'm inadvertently a walking contradiction in nearly all aspects of my life because of it. It causes me to be a little overly optimistic.
>>
File: 1474455180202.jpg (57KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
1474455180202.jpg
57KB, 605x605px
>M
>Colombia
>27

I like to believe I contribute in giving a wider ranger of opinions around.
>>
>>18574696
load the gun first please...then pull trigger
>>
>M
>Oregon
>26
Age definitely affects the advice I give. It wasn't until just a couple of years ago that I realized just how "spooked" I was. I wouldn't say I was "red pilled" in the sense of a complete paradigm shift and certainly not in the /pol/ sense, but after challenging and researching quite a few preconceived notions I hadn't even realized I harbored, I feel uniquely qualified to weigh in on a variety of fringe issues that pop up here from time to time.
>>
>M
>The Netherlands
>19
>>
File: 1499342489473.jpg (461KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1499342489473.jpg
461KB, 1280x1280px
>m
>estonia
>24

I come to here because I have always been kind of emotional guy and love giving relationship advice, personal advice and such to people. I usually do this in real life but people are not comfortable to talk about their lives so much in real life, which they tend to do when intoxicated most often, so I turn to places like /adv/.

Pic not related, just looks aesthetic and comfy.
>>
>F
>Australia
>18
I think that my country means I don't get a lot of American issues, like not having the money for basic things like going to the doctor. My gender means I have bias towards that.
>>
File: Pf3fMD5_d.jpg (62KB, 640x487px) Image search: [Google]
Pf3fMD5_d.jpg
62KB, 640x487px
M/24/Cali

I mostly just post on the GIOYC threads on /adv/when I post, which is really only on rare occasion. Usually I'm complaining about the same sort of thing as everybody else in that thread because I'm basic.

Does this affect how I give or take advice? Undoubtedly.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.