[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

get a job while depressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

If I have depression, will getting a job make me more depressed? How did you deal with going from not having a job to getting a job while depressed? I'm already afraid of how I'm gonna have way less free time than I do now and that I won't be able to do my hobbies like drawing, writing, making indie games, which are already hard as it is with the time I currently have.
I also have no motivation because I can't think of anything I want to spend money on (despite the obvious fact that I can't stay jobless forever). I'm 24 and live with my parents. Never had an actual job. I'm studying in college but here, someone who studies without working is a laughingstock.
>>
>>18572854
Don't get just a job, get an internship related to your major. It's the biggest favor you can do for your future career.

Unless you parents are ok with you leeching for the rest of your life you're going to have to work. Suck it up. Go get therapy if you need to.
>>
>>18572854
>will getting a job make me more depressed
quite the opposite infact, when I had depression and was a NEET my therapist pushed me to get a job and it definitely helped. It gives structure to the day, gets you out of the house, makes you feel like you're doing something and of course you get money out of it.
>>
>>18572942
>>18572890
Thanks! Yes I've tried to get something related to my major, with no luck so far, and I stopped trying lately because of this dumb fear I have that it will make me more depressed when (if) I do get a job. I'll get back to it and keep trying. My parents are not entirely happy with me not having a job (though ironically a few years ago they wanted me to focus 100% into studying). And thanks for the encourangement.
>>
>>18572955
Talk to your school and see if they have any jobs for you and try to keep it as related to your major as possible. Always keep your ear on the ground for an internship, I'm not kidding that they will help you. Even if you had to take semester off a good internship will teach you a lot and make you much more marketable when you're searching for jobs post graduation.

Good luck.
>>
>>18572854
Depression thrives on inaction. Doing ANYTHING fights it.
>>
>>18573124
You are right
>>
>>18572854
OP getting a job will be good for you.

yeah sometimes you might feel bitter because you'll think "I could be focusing on this or this or this"

but if you're stuck deep in depression, getting a job forces you to interact with people and stay at least somewhat active, which you'll be surprised does wonders for depression. take this as someone who has been through college, depression and working on and off during college. my depression went down by a lot when I had a job and school together. when I didn't have a job, my depression got way worse.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.