[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suicidal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

Hey.
I've been very depressed for years now. I can't seem to do anything right. My parents hate me, my brother hits me, I don't have any friends.

Basically, I'm a loser.

About 30 min ago I almost killed myself again... I can't seek to help myself at this point. I'm in a position where I can't seem medical treatment and everyone around me thinks in faking being depressed for attention.
I don't know what to do. This is kind of a last resort here.
If you don't really know what to tell me, don't worry about it.
I just need some advice...
>>
File: 1499798899126.jpg (629KB, 2500x1870px) Image search: [Google]
1499798899126.jpg
629KB, 2500x1870px
Tell me about yourself.

Age, occupation, hobbies, etc.
>>
File: unoreverse.jpg (16KB, 213x321px) Image search: [Google]
unoreverse.jpg
16KB, 213x321px
>>18571738
I don't see the point in that. None of it matters. Sorry.
>>
File: 1499800680395.jpg (2MB, 6517x3961px) Image search: [Google]
1499800680395.jpg
2MB, 6517x3961px
>>18571745
Well what the fuck do you want us to do?

Tell you it's all good and that everything will work out when we have no clue about you or your situation? What the fuck kind of advise do expect to get here when you aren't even committed to answering a few simple questions?
>>
>>18571733
I feel the same, just move out and live alone

Stop contacting people you know that they have a negative impact on life and start working out

Working out has shown to get people out of depression, you can do whatever you like that doesn't feel like a chore. I ride my bike all the time and I started feeling great.
>>
File: IMG_20170724_005931_236.jpg (558KB, 2660x2660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170724_005931_236.jpg
558KB, 2660x2660px
>>18571754
Alright
I'm 16, unemployed, I play basically any instrument I can get my hands on. The reason I didn't want to say this is because as soon as some one sees I'm 16 they say, "Oh, it's just a phase, it doesn't matter that your family has had clinical depression for generations, you want attention, you'll get over it."
>>
File: 1499799477441.jpg (210KB, 1600x1295px) Image search: [Google]
1499799477441.jpg
210KB, 1600x1295px
>>18571759
Are you taking medications or seeing professionals?

As much as you may not feel like it, the only way to overcome depression is through actively trying. If you accept the depression it won't get better and you will probably kill yourself, physically or emotionally.
>>
>>18571766
I'm not allowed to. My parents don't believe in that kind of medicine. I don't know why, it's idiotic, but they don't. They also don't believe that I am depressed, they also think I want attention. I can't make appointments with professionals, me being 16. I've been asking for treatment since I was 12, when I first saw there was a problem.
>>
>>18571773
That's strange, why would they think you're faking depression? And why don't they believe in medicine?

My advice is to try calling a suicide prevention hotline and explain the situation to them. They may be able to help you organize something.

I'm not sure what else to tell you without knowing more intricate details about your situation.
>>
>>18571794
I'm just afraid. I've been abused for about 6 years. Throughout that time I was told that anything that happens in our house stays in our house. I've already had one counselor break confidentiality and tell my parents everything I've told them. I'm afraid of what might happen if my parents find out, they've fucked me up so bad that when I get into a situation where help might be available I start questioning if I'm truly depressed. It's just terrifying for me.
>>
>>18571794
And I'm not sure why they don't let me get help. Honestly I don't know why.
>>
File: 1499799279418.jpg (848KB, 1880x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1499799279418.jpg
848KB, 1880x1500px
>>18571809
What do you mean by abuse? This is quite serious.
>>
>>18571810
well getting help is important and if you're scared of getting help, then you won't go anywhere so try to motivate yourself to get help before anything I guess.
>>
>>18571815
My brother has gotten away with so much. He was and is able to just do whatever, and not have a punishment. He has actual mental problems and thinks what he does is okay. He has our butts where he'll hit me, or threaten me. In the past he has use knives to try and get his point across. My parents threaten me, but there crime is more neglect, because they blame me for my brothers actions, they don't help me whatsoever, they tell me to shut up when I start talking about it.
>>
>>18571830
Wtf, I said outbursts, not butts, there is no SEXUAL abuse going on here..
>>
>>18571830
Well that's a pretty shitty situation. Just remember your parents don't own you. You can move out and go to appointments on your own.

Are you currently going to school? There should be councilors are the school.
>>
>>18571844
Yes, but the counselor at my school broke confidentiality and told my parents everything. They still bitch at me about it, they don't what anyone knowing.
>>
>>18571853
In some cases they have to if you tell them you're thinking of harming yourself or others.

If you said something like that then they have to tell your parents. If you didn't and they broke confidentiality then you should talk to the principal about it because that's a violation.

If there's another councilor there I would try getting in contact with them and just remember not to tell them about the self-harm thing (it's shit that you have to hide it but there's not much you can do).
>>
>>18571870
Yeah, I knew about that part, and I specifically told her that I "had never thought of hurting myself."
There's nobody else to go to there.
>>
>>18571876
Well what the fuck did she tell your parents then? It sounds like she breached confidentiality and you should follow this up with the principal.
>>
>>18571891
She told my parents that I said they're neglectful, and she also told them that i said my brother hits me.
>>
>>18571902
Wow that's really fucked. Definitely tell the principal because if she did it to you who knows how many other people she did it to.

I'm not sure where you live or what, specifically, is avaliable to you but I would suggest looking for nearby mental health services. They're usually free for youth. Just explain to them that you can't come with a parent because they refuse to let you see anyone and explain your situation. They should be understanding.
>>
>>18571912
I cant even drive yet, because it need to get hours for my permit, except my parents aren't even talking to me most of the time. I can't get a ride either, because I don't have friends.
>>
>>18571920
Well unless you live in the middle of no where, like an hours drive away from the town, you can always walk or catch a bus depending on public transport.

If you ever get physically abused then call the police. It's not easy to break away from your parents, especially if they're dismissive or neglectful but it's something you'll need to do eventually, and as it appears, the sooner the better.

Also, do you have any teachers than you're on good terms with that you could talk to?
>>
>>18571926
I live in the middle of the woods, it is a 2 hour drive to get to any doctor or therapist. I don't have any teachers, because they don't like the quiet types. And after calling the police, when I would get back home, I'd be screwed...
>>
>>18571938
You wouldn't go back home if you're being abused and you tell them that.

Also, assuming that the school is in town you can go from school to the therapist, right?

Long story short, it all comes down to who you tell. If you don't tell people then your situation won't change. You need to tell people more qualified then a stranger on the internet so you can get help. One bitch at your school who broke confidentiality (who you should definitely report) is not the be all and end all. Just tell people you trust (if you don't know any, find some) and go from there. If you even get physically abused then call the police.
>>
>>18571951
Thank you. I'm going to try and talk to some people who might be able to help.

Thanks again
>>
File: 1499799747765.jpg (163KB, 916x771px) Image search: [Google]
1499799747765.jpg
163KB, 916x771px
>>18571958
No worries.
>>
>>18571834
Idk sounds like a cry for help..
>>
Maybe call childlne or whatever your local equivalent is.
>>
>>18571733
Tell me your address and your parents names right now and I will personally use my wealth to give you an apartment.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.