[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend has body image issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

My girlfriend has been getting a little big recently and she's really insecure about it.

She worried that I might leave her because of her weight. She feels really bad about her body which causes her to be sad and eat more. So I don't know what to do. I don't want to reassure her and say that her body is beautiful, because honestly I'm getting less attracted to her the bigger she gets. I feel saying she looks fine will discourage her from losing the weight, which is not what I want. Like she'll be okay with being fat. It will also mean I'm lying to her and myself. And I also think that saying that her weight makes her unattractive will make her feel like shit and emotionally eat. So I'm stuck either way.

I'm a pretty fit and skinny guy and I value exercise a lot, and I hate the whole fat acceptance movement thing. I want her to be happy and healthy. Its sad that her arms are bigger than mine. I said I won't break up with her because of her body, but honestly if it gets too out of control and I'm disgusted by her looks and habits that wouldn't be good.
>>
>>18571184
she's emotionally eating for a reason something started this. Now its just becoming a cycle of being insecure and eating. You need to help her break the cycle. Also encourage her to eat better make healthier meals with her or something and exercise with her. Tell her thats how she can stay with you not by eating more.
>>
>>18571184
Point out the vicious cycle.
Make healthy meals and eat with her; exercise with her or something
>>
>>18571184
Tell her that you feel the same way about yourself sometimes.
Tell her you want to start working out and you need a workout partner.
Get fit together.
>>
>be gf
>gaining weight
>get sad
>eat to feel better
>gain more weight
>bf specifically avoids saying i'm beautiful
>he probably finds me repulsive
>get really sad
>eat to feel better

You can accept her without encouraging her to stay fat
>>
>>18571184
Play the angle where you're concerned for her health.
>>
>>18571230
You might be right about your boyfriend, but might not. It sounds like you're projecting your own feelings of insecurity on to your boyfriend and using it as an excuse to keep eating. This is unproductive. You don't feel good about yourself, so find a way to make a change before your health is impacted in a major way. I'm saying this as someone who went from 240 to 160.

Become excited to lose weight. You will feel better than any food could make you feel to see the scale go down every week. Just little changes can add up so quickly. Take your boyfriend out of the equation and make the changes you need to.
>>
>>18571230
I do, I tell her she's gorgeous. But he bigger she gets the more it feels like I'm lying so I want to be as honest with her as possible. I'm trying to make her not feel bad about herself. I said I can look past a little weight and I still love her just as much.

>>18571217
P good idea.

>>18571193
>>18571196
You're right it is a cycle. I don't to accidentally insult her by trying to encourage her to lose weight. It happened before. I can't really relate to her body image problems. She said she's trying to lose it but she's going through a lot right now and it isn't her main priority.

I wish I could make her excited about losing weight instead of thinking it's a burden and only doing it to maintain the relationship. But that's out of my control.

>>18571248
I did that. She knows that angle.
>>
>>18571276
exercise will make her feel better try to explain better eating and exercise will make her feel 100% better then eating shitty food. She'll perform better in her endeavors.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.