[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Telling a family member you dont need college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1479482187791.png (1MB, 1200x733px) Image search: [Google]
1479482187791.png
1MB, 1200x733px
So I need to preface this awkward subject by saying I did already receive a bachelors degree. In my early years I had the idea of continuing my education by going into law school and becoming a lawyer, but that was ages ago. Fast forward now and I have no intention of going there. I can't imagine another 3 years of even more intensive work, 3 more years of no job experience, and upwards of 100k+ further in debt. I have a parent who expects me to go to law school no matter what. They're convinced its the only way to be successful in life. They have told anyone who MOVES that I am going to law school and built up this impossible expectation. Keep in mind they have no intention of helping pay for it, nor did I expect them to. How do I break it to them that I'd rather pursue my career in a more traditional sense by working my way up through employment opportunities?
>>
by doing it, and doing it well. parent is proud of you and likes showing you off. if you're successful in what you pursue it doesn't much matter what it is -- anyone who questions with the "but i thought you said he was gonna be a lawyer...?" line will get their face ripped off and told in no uncertain terms how good you are at whatever you're doing. it's when you say fuck it and give up altogether and do nothing that they have to scramble and figure out a way to save face all the time. don't expect a smooth as butter transition here or anything like that but regardless the answer remains that you just have to do it and whatever it is do it well
>>
>>18570741
Its not that im giving up on achieving more, its just that I dont want to be a lawyer or go into a career that necessitates law school. I just dont have a direction right now and its getting late in the game.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.