[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I break up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1346.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1346.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Right now I'm dating a girl who's a real caring and sweet person but she's kind of a diamond in the rough. She used to be hot but she went through a rough period before I met her and became a crazy cat lady and overweight. She also is kind of annoyingly quirky by making up words. For instance, she calls sandwiches, "sangwiches". Another example, crazy is "craypant".

She's actually kind of brilliant and incredibly smart. She's a supervisor in a laboratory and I can see the potential in her if I fixed her up. I've spoken to her about the quirky stuff and the weight and she's actively trying to change those aspects.

The problem is...the amount of fixing makes me not attracted to her. She has so much potential and I feel should could be amazing one day. Should I continue trying to help her live up to her potential? Or should I cut her loose? I'd feel terrible since she's a total sweetheart.
>>
>>18570397
well i wouldn't try to change her quirkiness some people just like to be silly theres nothing wrong with that learn to loosen up.

When it comes to losing weight. How about you do it with her. Exercise with her and eat the same stuff. make healthier food. This will help her stay motivated and it could help you too, if you're a bit fat.

Ten you get a hot ass girl who's also smart and likes to be silly. If you put long term effort into something the reward is always bigger. She already is thinking about changing which makes this whole process even easer.
>>
>>18570397
shes not fixing her self bc ur an ugly asshole, when she meets someone better than you shes going to look how she did a year ago
>>
>>18570997
>getting this triggered over nothing
kekkles
>>
>I can see the potential in her if I fixed her up
If you can't see yourself staying with her if nothing about her changed, leave her. You can't really change people, and you shouldn't try to. You either love her for all that she is, flaws and quirks and all, or you cut her loose so you can find someone you do feel that way about
>>
>>18570397
how about you look at what you wrote in your post and REALLY think about what you're asking of us in terms of what's gonna bring you happiness?

clearly you realize that she is a keeper in many aspects. one of the TWO things you list as faults is fixable. "amount of fixing"? i mean, i guess losing weight and being fit isn't an overnight fix so if you're not okay with being with her for however long it takes her to be happy with her own body then you should leave her now instead of prolonging it. it will hurt more in the long run staying with her for the sake of it "working out". if youre asking this of /adv/ then i think you already have a half-formed thought that youre not happy with this individual and are trying to justify breaking up with her.

lastly, the second quirk you list is like... super petty, my dude. "makes up words"? you don't like that she is eccentric is what im reading between the lines here. i dont have the full context but you sound super annoying in how unfun you seem.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.