[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i call the national suicide hotline?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: thinging.png (229KB, 734x1110px) Image search: [Google]
thinging.png
229KB, 734x1110px
Should i call the national suicide hotline? Im not diagnosis with depression but every symptom of the depression fit me. And social anxiety. So after (insert unfortunate situation) happen i kinda get so down and think about suicide more then usual. I kinda like shrug it off as a meme but this one day when my neck was inside the rope(read:guitar cable) i was really thought i will jump. But well being a pussy i am i dont make the jump. I dont really feeling suicidal right now but i kinda really down and wanna talk to somebody so should i?
And what to expect?

TL:DR im not suicidal but im just feeling depressed should i call them or nah.
>>
>>18570309
may as well, can't cause any harm and it might help you. They'll be able to get you in touch with people who can help if they can't.
>>
>>18570313
Really tho ? I dont really wanna waste their time?
>>
Yes. Better safe than sorry.
>>
>>18570318
Fuck.just forgot about the last question mark.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 552x538px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 552x538px
>>18570319
What should i say? I mean i sorta have asperger.
>hello national suicide helpline how can i help you?
>uuh h-hi
>yes hi how could i help you?
>i-uhh i feel depress tonight
>do you feel suicidal?
>not really i uh-
>then why would you call the national suicide hotline?
>uhh bye
>>
>>18570318
yeah man, don't think of it as wasting their time because you need help and they're only there because they want to help people.
>>
>>18570346
How about this >>18570345
>>
>>18570345
>do you feel suicidal?
>well, no...
>okay, I'm still glad you called. We can direct you towards other resources.
>oh okay
>>
>>18570351
Really tho. Well the legend said some of them are rude. Some of them will call the police. I kinda scared. I cant use 4chan btw.
>>
>>18570354
why would they call the cops on you for not being suicidal?

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now/

>No matter what problems you’re dealing with, whether or not you’re thinking about suicide, if you need someone to lean on for emotional support, call the Lifeline.

>People call to talk about lots of things: substance abuse, economic worries, relationships, sexual identity, getting over abuse, depression, mental and physical illness, and loneliness, to name a few.
>>
>>18570362
And im not from usa will it still work?
>>
File: t-thanks.gif (4MB, 500x967px) Image search: [Google]
t-thanks.gif
4MB, 500x967px
Tfw you live in a 3rd world country
>>
>>18570387
A lot of countries have their own hotlines too, which might be a better resource for you because they can direct you to other resources that could help you. I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with calling them anyway though!

>>18570372
1. You didn't need to disclose your b&able status, silly
2. Use that as a talking point! When you call them, tell them what you told us.

>Hi. This is my first time calling a hotline. I'm not entirely sure what to expect. Maybe you could help me out?
They will likely say,
>Sure! Thanks for calling us. We usually help with XYZ by doing ABC. Is there something specific you wanted to talk about?
You could say,
>Yeah, I've been feeling pretty depressed and anxious. I had a suicide attempt the other day, but I didn't go through with it. I'm not suicidal right now, but I feel really down. I don't know what to do, and I don't want to get back to where I was.
>>
>>18570582
Well this was a neat thing that I didn't know you could do. I like your background.
Google "[Your country] suicide hotline"
>>
>>18570603
The thing is im really weird. I couldnt really talk about these thing to other people using my native language. I have to talk to them in english because i always talk to myself in english. I either froze and stutter so bad.
>>
>>18570610
Thanks.well im kinda weird
>>18570616
Or should i just force myself and talk?
>>
>>18570616
Freezing and stuttering isn't bad. Hotlines expect their callers to be nervous and distraught.

>>18570621
If what you want is to talk to someone, forcing yourself to speak up sounds like the best way to get yourself there. Once you start, you'll get to become more comfortable with it and it'll be easier.
>>
>>18570309
No, the one time i used this the guy on the other end asked me what was wrong and then said "oh ok well theres someone on the other line I have to go". I was very vulnerable and opening up to that guy was very difficult for me. This made me even more depressed.

These hotline people are not properly trained. I would set up a therapy appointment if you can.
>>
File: long_friend1.jpg (132KB, 650x528px) Image search: [Google]
long_friend1.jpg
132KB, 650x528px
Thank you so much for giving me their thought .i too was actually really scared and really nervous but i decide to just press the call button. And almost instantly a woman pick up the phone . I was really nervous and shaky but i just go and speak english to her and she speak english to me and we both talk in english the entire time. I tell them about my problem and they give me tips on how to solve the problem she stick with me to the very end until i said "bye". They dont ask me my name or my age or anything. She answer my question and ask me again a couple of question it was really good and smooth. Damn if anyone wanna talk to them i 100% recommend.
>>18570715
Well you have chances of getting a rude guy like this anon get.im sorry anon.
>>
File: long_friend2x.png (2KB, 620x512px) Image search: [Google]
long_friend2x.png
2KB, 620x512px
>>
File: long_friend3.jpg (142KB, 650x528px) Image search: [Google]
long_friend3.jpg
142KB, 650x528px
>>
>>18570769
Congrats! I'm proud of you, anon. I wish you the best, depression and anxiety really sucks.
>>
>>18570787
Thanks. Yeah it suck so bad.
>>
>>18570796
>>18570787
But thank you for telling me to go and call em. I kinda get scared but you guys say its cool so thanks .
>>
>>18570808
I'm glad we could help. And now you have more people who can help!
>>
>>18570309
sometimes suicidal tendencies can be a coping mechanism or attention, you can talk to them, theyll listen to your vents, but theyll just recommend you to a psychologist.
>>
>>18571015
Yeah but they listen and thats good.
>>
>>18570309
Go ahead and do it if you feel you need to. It's their job to help you no matter where you feel you are.
>>
please do call the suicide hotline, it'll be worth it as long as you get the shit that's on your chest off it. because hey talking to people helps, and so does doing what you enjoy the most.
>>
In the end, it really doesn't matter. No one except possibly your family and maybe some close friends care, others will only care because of social pressure.

Medication and treatment usually do nothing to the majority of people, only actually solving what made one depressed in the first place does the job.
>>
What have you got to lose? It might not help you, but it won't hurt you either.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.