[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does living alone get any better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

I moved away from home, like 2000 miles. I know no one here, no family, but I love the area so so much. It's been 2 weeks but I still feel lonely and depressed. I love the idea of living alone and being independent, but it gets overtaken by the depressing loneliness. I doubt it'll last forever, but it doesn't seem like it will go away anytime soon. It's really keeping me from doing much in terms of trying to be more social or even work as much. (I work from home, make enough to survive but at my best months I could make 3-4 times more than I need, but the motivation just isn't there right now.)

Any advice to make me not feel as shit about my situation?
>>
>>18569955
Visit your family, talk to your family, think about the positives, push yourself to go outside your comfort zone and try to meet people, or learn to be more comfortable with yourself and enjoy your own company
>>
Been living alone for 2 years now, moved to another city to study. I have no friends here due to being introverted as fuck, and even though I don't feel exactly lonely, I can always tell when it's been too long with no socializing because I start getting really lethargic and depressed. The only way to counter it is to go where to people are. Even if you don't hang out with friends, just go somewhere where you'll have to interact with others. Do you have a job? School? Maybe join some hobbies or clubs, or start volunteering, that's what I do and it helps a lot. It's not for the purpose of getting deep bonds or connections, just to help with the loneliness. Visit home often if you can.

I think my biggest problem personally isn't my current situation, I'm doing fine. It's the fear that this will continue for years. Even forever. I'll graduate, get a job... what will really change? Idk, for me it helps to think I can at least get a pet then. Good luck, don't isolate yourself.
>>
>>18569955
i got a cat and feel better.
>>
>>18569959
I wont be able to visit till around Christmas, probably. And as sad as it sounds, I'm pretty much a social idiot. Unless i know someone for a while, I tense up and get really nervous. Making friends, even more so as an ''adult'' is really hard for me.

>>18569975
Plan on getting a pet in the near future, just have to work it out with my landlord since they have to ''accept'' your dog or cat, mainly dog. And I know what you mean, I feel like im in that ''slump'' too. Isolation is gonna be a real risk with my work since I'll just fuck up my sleep schedule so often that I'll go days without even going out.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.