[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was you and your current partners biggest argument like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: radd.jpg (56KB, 517x315px) Image search: [Google]
radd.jpg
56KB, 517x315px
What was you and your current partners biggest argument like? How did you guys deal with it?

Alternatively, your ex and you's biggest argument.

My girlfriend and I have yet to argue over anything serious, our biggest ones are probably over fidget spinners or something stupid like that, so I just want to know how I can be calm and collected for when/if we have one
>>
>>18569930
>Alternatively, your ex and you's biggest argument.
She would go to raves with her guy friends and not want me to come, and would do lsd and mdma with them, I told her that was really sketchy and made me uncomfortable and she got mad that I didnt trust her and that I shoulnt tell her what to do

Was never the same after that, so I broke up with her
>>
>>18570509
Did you try to find a compromise or was it just she shouldn't do shady stuff like that at all?
>>
>>18569930
Our biggest argument was about him cheating. Second biggest argument was about him smoking weed frequently. We got through both
>>
>>18570634
Not him but there's no compromise with your SO with a complete degenerate.
>>
>>18570651
How did you guys manage to come through those
>>
>>18570751
The cheating incident was what really caused us to develop our communication skills. It sounds contradictory, but the infidelity allowed us to rebuild our relationship. It had been flawed from the beginning and was sort of on a path to nowhere, or at least nowhere good, but going through that helped both of us bring up issues we both had in the relationship. We talked about it a lot, and we tried our best to stay empathetic towards each other.

With the weed thing, it was just a matter of him understanding that it wasn't that I didn't like him smoking weed, it was just about the frequency. And then it was also a matter of me understanding that what I was actually upset about was that I felt like him smoking took away from our quality time, or that he wasn't fully coherent or fully himself while high so it was like anything he said while high didn't count.

Both of these while we were LDR so we've got fucking fantastic communication skills now lol
>>
We haven't really arguments about things like drugs and cheating and serious issues like that.

I remember we argued once because I got pissed he was asking "is she hot" about every potential employer while I was looking for a job, we argued about whether it was rude or not and if I was could expect him not to make those comments, although what was bothering me was that he was really repetitive and annoying.
>>
My ex would tell me I don't take risks and that I'm a pushover, because I hadn't had any luck finding a new job and quitting my old one that 1) I wasn't happy with and 2) meant I was far away from her. She was right to an extent because I am a pretty calculating guy and I want to be sure I make good decisions for my career. I knew that since she still was a student she was incapable of understanding what it's like out in the real world (I remember what that was like) so I entertained her and tolerated it for most of our relationship.

Eventually she broke up with me and I finally let loose about how she was being way too big for her boots and didn't fucking know shit. It was a pretty horrible argument and ensured that we'd never speak again.
>>
My ex liked to bring up identity politics and when I didnt take his stance on an issue he'd get pissed and accuse me of "virtue signaling" and then eventually told me we aren't compatible anymore.

Topkek. Never date anyone you met on 4chan kids.
>>
>>18571159
so did you value your opinions on whatever more than your relationship? not that that's a bad thing, im just asking because i want to be very cautious when talking about things like that with my girlfriend.

how long did you guys date?

>>18571130
how long did you guys end up dating? was she always aggressive like that from the start or just develop that attitude over time?
>>
>>18571176
No not at all. Political beliefs are something that I can overlook even if it led to arguments. It was him that took it so seriously. We were together for a year and a half.
>>
>>18571179
had he always been really politically zealous like that?
>>
>>18571191
Sort of. I actually agreed with him on a lot of his beliefs and would apologize if I was in the wrong about something too. He just needed someone to lash out at I guess. He really could've easily found someone on /pol/ to argue with instead of me and we'd probably still be together now.
>>
>>18571207
alright sweet thank you for the replies
>>
Make sure you pick your battles wisely anon. Not everything is worth a potential argument.
>>
>>18571176
>how long did you guys end up dating? was she always aggressive like that from the start or just develop that attitude over time?

We were together about 8 months..
She wasn't at all like that at first, but then I wasn't always complaining about my job and for a time it was all rosy. I think after a while, as I kept going to her to vent, she formed this picture of me as a whiny helpless manchild. I was going through a lot of shit and it admittedly wasn't fair to keep expecting her emotional support. To her credit she was at least self-aware of the aggressive way she'd tell me to sort my life out, but also blamed it on her middle eastern upbringing.
>>
>>18571224
alright cool. i appreciate the replies. how are you holding up now anyways? do you still hate your job?

>>18571222
what do you mean by that?
>>
>>18571232
Things are better for sure. I put the hours in. They started paying me more and I feel way more appreciated. I'm still looking to leave and move my career forward, so I'm back on the jobhunt again, but this time I'm doing it for me and not out of a need to prove myself to someone who didn't believe in me.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.