[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I quit smoking? I fear for my health

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: emma-roberts-9839.jpg (753KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
emma-roberts-9839.jpg
753KB, 2880x1800px
My addiction to nicotine is very strong and it feels like I subconsciously correlate smoking cigarettes with feeling happy/not bored. In my brain it's like when I'm planning to go out, I base my happiness on whether i'll be smoking otherwise I'm not tempted to go out. I'm not a heavy smoker because I live with my parents but I don't want to lose my life to this shitty addiction. I don't smoke everyday but I'm always looking forward to smoking that cigarette, however trivial it may sound, because it seems like it's the only thing that will make me happy.
It's scary because I don't want to get sick but I'm always rationalizing that everyone will die eventually and my love for cigarettes isn't something bad. I've been a regular smoker for 4 years now and I really want to quit.
> Can anyone tell me how I can become mentally strong and quit smoking once and for all, without no relapse?
>>
>>18569516
buying loosies, and never buying packs, and not having friends who are a bad influence.

that's literally how it's done.
>>
>>18569519
>when the bad influence is your boyfriend
He's a heavy smoker and I don't see him quitting anytime soon, the shitty part is whenever we're planning to go out it's like we subconsciously just want to get our cigarette fix otherwise we get bored and really irritable.
>>
File: cat.jpg (55KB, 719x623px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
55KB, 719x623px
switch to vaping, it may turn you into a living meme but at least it will make quitting cigarettes feasible for you since you're a weakling and cannot stop cold turkey
>>
Nicotine was easy for me(just some perspective from a random kid) to quit, but god damn it was hard to stop smoking weed. I'd fall into mental breakdowns weeks following, I'd be insanely bored, I'd be agitated, but I could still sleep, but god damn the dreams. So anyways, don't replace it with weed like I did just to escape depression.
>>
File: IMG_0740.jpg (44KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0740.jpg
44KB, 300x300px
Get this product, and only this product. It works like a goddamn charm. You have to get the larger size lozenges though. The little ones don't do anything.
>>
>>18569529
break up with him.
>>
>>18569516
Any time you're not doing something, or before sleeping, imagine the addiction center in your brain, imagine breaking cigarettes in half and destroying that addiction. Self-hypnosis, if you persist, it will have an effect. It's free and nearly effortless, try it.
>>
>>18569516
Stop buying cigarettes
Stop putting yourself in situations where others are smoking around you
Stop putting yourself in situations where you would usually smoke
Take up running

I used to smoke 10 a day, I went cold turkey, no patches, none of this vaping bullshit, don't go with people for smoke breaks, save the money and do something that doesn't make you smell like burnt shit.
>>
>>18569555
This, it's what I did since I just know too many smokers. Worked really well and i didn't have any kind of withdrawals over the last month that I haven't been smoking
>>
15 year smoker here who smoked on average a pack a day during that time. I quit 2 years ago and I'm a good 1 year without smoking. The first year I probably smoked a couple throughout the year.

Anyway, at 4 years, if you had a pretty good habit then first off breaking the habit is going to be the tough one. A lot of people associate smoking with certain activities. I'm not going to go into detail as to how to quit, because it's different for everyone. I smoked a vape pen for about 8 months and tapered off the nicotine levels until I was at 0 mg nicotine, and that worked for me. It isn't going to work for everyone we're all different... You're gonna have to try all the methods out there. Most of them won't work but if you're lucky you'll find the one that does it for you.

I will leave you with this though. I'll always be a smoker for the rest of my life. I get cravings still, and certain situations spur the need for a smoke, others spur a want for that smoke. Point is you'll always have that within in you, and the sooner you realize that the better. Just come to terms with the fact that you've fucked yourself for life but you can counteract it by living better and not smoking. The urges will most likely never subside.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.