[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SUCCESS in life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: success.png (170KB, 700x200px) Image search: [Google]
success.png
170KB, 700x200px
I will try to make this as short as possible.

So i'm currently 20 years old and want to become successful in life.
Success for me is earning lots of money and living a happy life with my future wife that will love me, and i will love her.

My main question is, how do i get to this point?

Also another question, are playing games for entertainment fucking retarded? Right now i want to begin playing Starcraft II and i will obviously not get pro in that game. Should i start playing it because it might be fun or should i just don't bother wasting 100's or 1000's of hours. Right now all i do in my spare time is sitting home browsing 4chan, reddit, watching latest Youtube videos of my subs, skyping and playing Rainbow Six Siege with my friend. I feel like i should do something else with my time, like living my life or something? Remember i'm 20 years, aren't the 20's the time where everyone is "Living their lives"?

I also want to learn Korean, how hard will it be to learn this on my own?
If you are wondering the reason to learn the language this is the following: Kpop, Kdramas, interesting culture, Korean E-sports are great. Might want to move to Korea in the future? I guess i should start learning the language instead of doing what the paragraph above is about.

Last question: On the part about earning lots of money, i currently saved up 25K USD. What are some smart things i can do with this money to make more? I have no idea how investing works.

Please help me, any answer is appreciated.
>>
>>18569326
piece by piece, start with the money because with money comes a wife.
>>
This is a big multi faceted question. First of all video games are fine in moderation. Lets move on.

Career wise if you want to be succesful and make a lot of money then right now, give up on the idea of doing what you love as a career. Careers that are desperate for good quality people are software engineer, software sales, engineer recruiter, and petroleum engineer, software development again. If you want good money right out of school, pursue these. They are not easy or cheap to pursue.

Korea is insanely expensive in terms of living and korean is not a very useful second language. Think Mandarin, Spanish if you want it to attribute to your success.

25k is not a lot of money to invest, and you will likely need it for school in the near future, best you can do if you need it in under 5 years is park it in the highest interest account you can find.
>>
>>18569352
Sorry, i had a typo in last paragraph, i have saved up 35K USD not 25K...most of them are in a high interest saving account for mortgage with 3.2% - It's not that good, but hey its free money.
>>
Im gonna second what the other anon wrote.

The right education is the best investment you can make, choose your direction based on your skills and the best opportunity (e.g. I study medicine, because in my country there are not enough doctors and Im a good listener and good with natural sciences) Skill is worthless without opportunity and vice versa.

Im 28 and probably wasted a year of my life to gaming already, but I made friends over it, that I still meet every year. Reading more books would have been better, but also wouldnt have brought me those friendships. I still do my quests every day playing Heroes of the storm and I don't care about beeing competitive.

To be quite honest, the second best investment is an investment in not getting into debt. If this is your path, consider going to college in germany, scottland or any other place, where its almsot free. This will also give you abroad experience that is great to talk about at home and you will make friends there that may last for the rest of your life.

I don't know too much about korean, would be a fun hobby for sure, so you may aswell go for it, but it's not easy to learn a language without speaking it. (coming from a guy who learned four languages halfheartedly in school and university)
>>
>>18569411
>To be quite honest, the second best investment is an investment in not getting into debt. If this is your path, consider going to college in germany, scottland or any other place, where its almsot free.

I'm Norwegian, so one of the best universities cost like 150 dollar each year or semester (cant remember) But its cheap, only costs would be living + books.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.