[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found laptop in river

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (528KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
528KB, 1024x768px
I was driving over a bridge across a small stream when I saw a laptop at the edge of the stream. Beside it was a picture of a girl but I lost that in the stream. I took the laptop home and cleaned it up the best I could. There's no chance of it booting again, but it couldn't have been there more than a week. Probably less judging by the quality of the picture.

Should I turn it in to the police?

Not actual laptop in pic but similar quality. Just with mud in every crack.
>>
I'd crack it and pull the hard drive out to see what's on it.

But, that's me. I'm fuck awful.

You should probably just chuck it. Destroy the hard drive if you're that kinda fellow.
>>
>>18569135
If you check the hard drive do it from a virtual machine. A common tactic used by hackers is to put a virus or malware on a flash drive and either give them out or leave then places. People find them plug them in and that's all it takes to infect a computer. So yeah use a vm
>>
>>18569161
windows boots partially but then blue screens. I'm gonna try to open it in a linux live cd
>>
>>18569135
>Should I turn it in to the police?
no you retard pisshead
>>
File: 1371640339134.png (325KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
1371640339134.png
325KB, 382x417px
>>18569135
>find object
>SHOOD I GIVE IT TO THE POLIS GUYS1?1?1
How the fuck does your brain come to this conclusion holy shit
>>
you should not try to boot from it, rather hook it up to your system and look through the filesystem
>>
>>18569274
I just thought it was interesting. Regardless, it seems to be a strange way to get rid of a laptop.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.